Chapter 30

Okay, so let this be a cute chapter since they've just hooked up. Then, the concert and then whatever comes out of this story.

Enjoy!

Kewk :3

+++

“Alex.”

….

“Alex…”

Zoë shook me as I woke up from the deep sleep I had been in… Seriously, why did she have to wake me up? I was sleeping so well…

With a groan I grabbed the red mattress, surrounded my fist with the fabric and pulled it up to my chin.

“Seriously?” Zoë asked me. I could hear her patient tone… I was annoying her… or… “You make me want to get back in there. But no. If I’m the conductor I have to be there early, and YOU are the object of this orchestra. So… Wake.Up!”

“Nooo!” I yelped as Zoë pulled her mattress off me completely. It was surprisingly cold.

Ugh.

“Oh. Come on!” Zoë said. “And now you make yourself into a little ball?... Alex. You know this is useless.”

I turned my head slightly inside my arms so that I could peek through. Zoë was standing cross-armed in front of her bed staring at me in my sweatpants and t-shirt… Yeah, there’s no helping it. Usually, even at home, I’m the type to stand up right after I’ve been woken up… But today?

Sigh…

Today was the day. The day we’d have our first orchestra performance at the school auditorium and the first time I was going to, unexpectedly, perform a solo. Yes, it had been a shock when I received the music sheet last Monday… I only had a week to practice it… I know. I’m freaking out. It’s not a hard one but the simple fact that it’s going to be in front of so many more people that I’m used to is…

I felt her hand grabbing mine and then her lips on it almost immediately.

I looked up at Zoë who still held my hand against her lips and she smiled slightly, “Come on. It’ll be alright. And if it isn’t it’ll still be alright, right? Now, go change and eat breakfast. We’re leaving in an hour.”

She kissed my hand again, stood back up since she was sitting on the bed and left the room with no further word. Clearly, I was wordless as well but simply because I wasn’t thinking from the rush that had just given me.

To be honest, I had only come to sleep at her house last night because my parents weren’t home and Zoë’s parents had invited me over. In the end, like always, I ended up staying over… It wasn’t any different than before really, we’ve only been going out for about a week now….

Who am I kidding? It’s so obvious there have been some changes in attitude.

Everything’s normal. It’s only that Zoë goes ahead and grabs my hand whenever she wants now (although she’s always done that but not so publicly), she kisses my cheek more than before, and kisses me on the lips when she says bye. Other than that, we’ve kept the usual pattern… Okay. Yes, I’ve changed slightly too but it’s mainly when I’m alone with her. Like last night, I cuddled awfully close to her… It was comfortable and I can’t deny that.

I put my glasses on, the black-framed ones, and headed to Zoë’s bathroom where I had left my duffle bag.

… I have to say that I already have my own habits here.

Leaving the bag on top of one of the closet counters. Having my own toothbrush somewhere in the bathroom  (since I eat dinner here often ever since that time I first came and we ate fondue), my comb, we use the same shampoo and conditioner so that’s not a problem, and I’ve noticed there’s some clothes that fit me… so that’s also great….