Chapter 20

Okayyy so I'm giving you guys a treat right now. You'll love this chapter. Or at least I hope so :D

Kewk :3

By the way, the song used here... I simply love the melody but if you actually listen to the lyrics of the song you might as well ignore them cuz it doesn't have anything to do with the story, if you want. It's up to you and what you want to interpret it as :3

+++

I swear that to me, it hadn’t even been a minute before I heard the familiar rumble of a motorcycle outside my house.

As I unavoidably started to wake up, meaning – being more aware of my surroundings -, I looked at the clock above the door and saw that it was barely 6.30… I had only slept half an hour since Heather left my room…

I sighed…

The fact that I was sick only made things a little more confusing to me. What is worse than a physical sickness affecting your consciousness? Especially when a girl you’re… what should I call it?... Well, especially when a person with whom things are going on with is in your room. Because to be sincere, I’ve only been awake for a few hours at a time so from these last few days memories are rather short and really separated time-frame wise…

I guess that’s why, when Heather was here, it just felt like a sudden lapse of time…

I shook my head slightly to forget about that since I seriously didn’t want to think about what she told me. Not because I thought anything about it but because it was too much for my sickly self…

Suddenly, I heard a thump! outside my bedroom window, and then another but the last one was more forceful.

Frowning, I lifted myself up slightly, grabbed my glasses, put them on and popped my head to look out on the other side of the window. And, right there, on the slightly snow covered roof was Zoë rubbing her thigh…

Ah… attempting to jump in again with her Parkour thing or whatever. She probably slipped…

I don’t know why, but that actually made me smile… Or maybe it was the fact that I hadn’t seen her for days… Was that even a reason to smile?

After a few moments of me staring at her and Zoë scanning the roof (probably wondering why she fell) she glanced at the window quickly and then glanced again when she saw that I was looking. We locked eyes and she simply smiled her smile, you know, that one that just seems to be really refreshed all the time.

“I slipped.” Zoë said half laughing when she opened the window and started coming in. “Did I wake you up?”

“You should’ve knocked on the front door…” I croaked smiling a little at her,“ and no, but your bike did…”

“Ahh… Sorry for that. And you see; it seemed as if your parents weren’t around and seeing that you’ve been sick for 4 days now I betted that you wouldn’t have been able to answer the door.” Zoë said taking off her gloves, coat and ski-cap, and leaving then on my desk. “And I think I was right.”

 She was… and I proved it by shoving myself back into my covers in a way that seemed as if life weighed on my body.

“Do you feel that bad?” Zoë asked me standing parallel to my bed.

“Yeah…” I said with a horse voice.

“So it’s not only your voice,” Zoë said raising her eyebrows.

 I turned myself on my bed to look at her, “Fever and joints ache…”

“That’s not normal,” She ran a hand through her curvy dark-chestnut hair and seemed to find me being sick a problem, “Have you gone to the doctor.”