PART 3 - Chapter 42

Hi guys! I know I had posted another chapter before but I didn't like it! I like this one though. Expect some interesting things coming up in the next chapters :D

Kewk :3

P.S. Thank you for all the support, the story has almost reached 200k reads!

+++

Try selling your fear to someone else, see if anyone one wants it. Once you see no one does, then it really is of no use to you.

That phrase has been ringing in my ears ever since I heard it. I couldn´t stop thinking about it either as I continuously watched Zoë wake up every day to study, play some instruments, go take a ride on her motorcycle and even tell me more about her sister. It looked as if she was taking that advice has her life motto... and I have to say that I deeply enjoyed seeing her so resolved...

And that letter... At the time that I read it I didn´t have enough time to process what I thought about it, what I thought about what was happening. Yet... I don´t think it´s necessary to overthink it. That´s why it´s fine only to realize that Zoë still has Frances' memory inside of her and somehow she´s following her legacy. I´ll never really understand though – how far their relationship went.

In any case, Zoë was looking better and was feeling better. It was proven when she took a day this week to hang-out with Heather and Jessica. Zoë had been worried about whether they hated her for not saying anything... especially if she actually yelled at one of them for something she hadn´t solved herself. I had to coax her out of that mentality and I don´t know how I got it but I did.

I don´t know what to think still... but I guess I´m just lucky... We are all lucky that things are fine with her.

“Will you wake up already, Zoë?” I said to her as I put a hoodie on after taking my shower.

Zoë groaned at me as she curled herself inside my blankets. After a few seconds though, her forehead and eye peeked out to see me standing there with arms crossed. “Don´t look at me like that, babe... You make me feel self-conscious.”

My heart gave a quick strong beat against my chest when she called me that... I ignored thinking wrong of it, I actually liked it...

“More like guilty.” I said nearing my bed. I leaned down to uncover her whole face and kissed her straight on her lips. “Hurry up, It's almost 7.45 and we have to be there at 9.”

I went over to my desk and flipped through the Math excercises I had gone over yesterday before having Zoë come over. We still had one more week left to study... and I had made a lot of progress but I wasn't feeling too motivated to do so. Not because I hated school or anything along those lines... but because my head was somewhere else... Nevertheless I knew I had to get good grades in these final exams. They were important.

I felt Zoë's arms wrap around my waist as I was done putting all the sheets into a folder.

“Hey...” Zoë said in a lessy voice right against my ear. The junction between her neck and jaw was set on my shoulder so I could feel the warmth she radiated from been inside the covers seconds ago. I felt my heart start beating quickly again since I remembered what we had been doing last night again. This time, we had both been completely involved with one another. “Remember that time when you said that you hadn't brought much benefit to my life like I had done to you?”

I leaned back against her body feeling my back warm up comfortably. Oh God... I can't not admit that itotally love this a lot...

“Alex?” Zoë said, squeezing my waist.

I focused back on what she was saying and tried to remember when I had ever said that... Back in here, in my room “Yeah. Why?”

“Well, I told you that what you've done for me is less obvious.” Zoë said breathing against my neck this time. “Last week was a more obvious one. I haven't thanked you for helping me yet.”

Ugh... Zoë. Whenever she seems to idolize me I feel completely mushy inside. Don't get me wrong, I've only recently recognized the feeling. I had felt it way before I understood that I liked her, and now that I actually love her... whatever she says can make me feel so... flustered. Even if it's about something serious – like about last week. I turned around in her arms, her hands now hooked on my shorts. I looked into her eyes as she moved one of them to push my glasses up the bridge of my nose, making me blush more.

“So thank you.” She said to me in a barely audible whisper.

“You're welcome....” I felt myself automatically smile softly at her despite the fact that I felt like I was falling into her trap already... so I touched her face and said then, “But, hurry up will you?”

“Sure.” She said to me, her pale eyes glinting at me and her dark hair and eyebrows causing such a great constrast that I couldn't help but realize again how gorgeous she was. I stared for so long that she leaned slightly down to kiss me but I ignored her lips, even though I so wanted to kiss her.

“Hurry up. I'm serious. We have to get the IMT.” I said as she stood there baffled at the way I had just teased her... She looked exactly how I actually felt inside. Surprised at my own actions. I smirked though as I said to her, “I'll be down in the studio.”

I turned the small metallic doorknob and pushed the sliding door to the side and closed it almost immediately as I got into the studio. My eyes caught view of the piano in the middle of the room immediately and then diverted themselves towards all of the instruments hanging on the walls or put away in cases on shelves. I really had to clean this place up... at least put some things back into order... or find a place for them.

I went to the long table off the the end of the room and looked at all the CDs spread across the wooden surface, the scores, the individual music sheets, a few with doodles, notes, annotations, and drawings that Zoë had made. I took sight of the A.C. Controller and used it to turn on the machine, putting it to a subtle temperature for me.

I tried to think of the last time I recorded something.... a complete song. That was ages ago, when Zoë had just recently moved in next door. Since then I've just recorded a few sample pieces with Zoë to show the orchestra how a specific part was played or something along those lines.

I started stacking the discs to kill time as I waited for Zoë. The names of the songs written with Sharpie on top of the blank surface. Let it be, Use Somebody, Every Breath You Take, Hawaii five o and a few more other until I came across What A Wonderful World. THAT was the last song I did.

Before I knew it, I was putting the CD inside the player and was turning on the stereo..... I had used percussions... a little bit of piano... and the trumpet... It sounded really good...

But something was missing....

Try selling your fear to someone else, see if anyone one wants it....

I shook my head in remembrance. I had no time to play right now. Zoë would be down any second and then we'd have to go over to the IMT for the annual Spring Break breakfast...

I feel like I'm just giving myself excuses...

Sigh...