You Comfort Him

I had to work late one night. When I finally got home, I shouted, "Michael! I'm home!"

No answer. "Michael? Where are you?" I shouted.

I looked everywhere and found Michael in our bedroom on the floor. He was holding a picture of his grandmother in his hands. Then he threw it and looked down and started crying his eyes out. I had a concerned look. I walked towards him slowly and sat beside him and started caressing his back.

"Baby, what's the matter?" I said calmly.

"My grandmother died." Michael said still crying.

I gasped and put my hand on my mouth. "Aww. Michael, I'm so sorry for your loss."

"Don't be. It's my fault." Michael said.

"Baby, it's not your fault." I said.

"Yes, it is, Y/N! I didn't visit her today like I should have. I was so busy, I completely forgot about her. She died without me by her side." Michael said crying more.

"Baby, it wasn't your fault. You had other stuff to do. It's okay, Sweetheart. It happens." I said trying to calm Michael.

Michael just put his hands on his face and started crying even more. I scooted behind him and started massaging his shoulders. He stopped crying after a long time. Then he started groaning because the massage felt good. I did it for about eight minutes. Then I hugged him from behind and gave him a kiss on the side of his head and he started smiling and I hugged him more. He put one of his hands on my head and kissed me on the side of my head and I started smiling.

"Thank you so much, Y/N. You always know how to cheer me up when I'm sad. I love you so much, Y/N. Believe me when I say that." Michael said sounding tired.

"I know, Baby. You're welcome. I love you, too. Why don't we go to bed, okay?" I said.

"Okay." Michael said sounding tired.

We both got up, put our pajamas on and got into our bed. We laid there on our backs for about 10 seconds. Then Michael asked, "Y/N, can I cuddle with you?"

"Of course, Michael. Come here, Baby." I said. Then Michael started scooting towards me and put his head on my chest and put his arms around me. I started caressing his head and kissed it.

"Good night, Michael. I love you so much." I said smiling.

"I love you more, Y/N. Good night." Michael said more tired than ever.

We both fell asleep shortly after.

The End