Chapter 3 pt 1--(Running away) Merricup

Merrida's POV

I was in the my room until I heard a knock I hurriedly opened it and found Maudie.

"Princess Merida the Queen has ordered me to come here and get you." She said while looking around nervously.

"Why?! and why are you looking nervous?" I asked a bit annoyed.

"You will be discussing serious matters,and maybe the triplets are here..."She said back.

"Oh,Okay.." I said heading to the throne room where mum and dad is.

As I open the door I saw mum looking at me and I walk towards them.

"Yes?" I asked her while facing at dad.

"Merida as you know you are a princess and a princess has duties and responsebilities for her kingdom a--."She said bit I caught her off saying.

"Mum,just say what you need to say!" I said being annoyed and impatient about this.

"Merida! a princess doesn't yell and let the discussion end but anyway the sons of the chief and nearby kingdoms will compete for your hand and you will pick one of them to be your husband." Mother said ending the disscussion while I growl at anger.

"Merida! a princess doesn't growl."

Mother said looking at me.

"I don't wanna be a princess, I want my freedom!" I yelled back and storm off to my bedroom.

Hiccup's POV

I was in my room sketching toothless until Dad came knocking.

"Son,I have something to tell you."

Dad facing me sitting on a chair.

"What is it Dad?" I asked him while putting my pencil and book down.

"Hiccup your gonna compete for the hands of The Princess in the Highlands the first born decendant of clan DunBroch.

"But why!!" I raised my voice to him.

"Because you have?responsibilities here in the village and since your 17 now and in the future you will be the chief here." Dad replied calmly.

"But what about me and astrid?!" I shouted now.

"Astrid is the one who suggested this." He said facing me and my heart just shattered into pieces.

"I know it's hard for you but just think of the better future you will have." He said soothing me and patting my back but I just stand up and walk out.

"Where are you going?" He asks.

"Just going outside for some fresh air and think through this." I said with the feeling of betreyal and turning back facing him while I force a smile on my face.

"Okay but be safe." He said then I walk out and went to the woods.

As I was far enough from the village I shouted Toothless' name and after some minutes he came by pouncing on me.

"Great to see you too bud."I said to toothless with a force smile but He sense that I'm not happy.

"Toothless,Look around slowly and remember everything cause we are going away for a while." I said to toothless while looking around and patting him.

He looks at me confused but I just hopped on him and comanded him to flew, he hesitated a while and we flew off away from Berk.