fifteen

A S H T O N

I keep my eyes glued to my phone screen as Evie does the same. I turn my phone on silent so if she ever texts me, which she did, she doesn't know. She can't know. She'll hate me forever. She probably hates me now.

Baby girl: ugh it's so boring here

Me: how?

Baby girl: well I've been left with Ashton who won't even talk to me or look at me. He glares at my brother and Luke, the rest are being really nice and Luke even took me somewhere really cool

Me: ash sounds like a dick not going to lie

Baby girl: he is one he hasn't spoke to me once and just grunted when he did

Me: I pretty sure he's just shy

Baby girl: if prick means shy then sure.

I glance up at Evie. My eyes take in her outfit. A black 5sos t-shirt with ripped skinny jeans and some black Chelsea boots. Her green hair tied up in a ponytail with two curly bits down to frame her face. Her green eyes scanned up and down her phone and her bottom lip was taken in between her teeth. I decide to speak to her.

"Hey," I croak out. She faces me and raises an eyebrow. "Do you want another drink?" I gesture to her empty dr. Pepper can.

Evie shakes her head and goes back to her phone. I sigh and stand up to go and sit next her. She seems startled and shuffles away from me slightly.

"Sorry for coming across as rude." I mumble.

Evie nods slightly but still doesn't speak. She still seems quite startled and nervous.

"Hey, have any of you seen Luke?"

I look up to see Harold frantically looking around the room. Harold's our stage manger, he probably just wants to discuss something with Luke.

"He just left, to go and find Calum and Michael." I say, dismissing the conversation.

Harold nods but looks at Evie. Evie is too interested in her phone to notice.

"Who's this?" Harold asks.

I nudge Evie slightly who looks at me confused but then notices the new person in the room.

"I'm Evelyn but you can call me Evie." She smiles.

Harold smiles back. "Calum's sister?"

Evie nods. "We've heard a lot about you. But never about how pretty you are. "

Evie blushes slightly. "You are?"

"Harold, stage manger." He grins.

Evie nods as Luke and Calum come back into the room.

"Hey Harold!" Luke waves. "I'm ready."

Luke winks at Evie before going off with Harold. Calum jumps onto Evie and lays on her.

"How much food do you give him on tour?" Evie laughs. "It's like a beach whale laid on me."

I laugh as well as Calum pouts."Hey don't call my boyfriend that." I joke.

Evie laughs at my comment and pretends to faint. "My Cashton heart!" She cries.

We all burst out laughing, including Calum. But the only laugh which stands out to me is Evie's. It's beautiful. Just like her.