twenty-seven

E V I E

Today was the day I was going to meet Ashton. I was nervous. So nervous.

I made sure my hair looked cute enough in its side braid and my black dress was crease free before sneaking out of the hotel room.

We had only just flown to England. It was kinda wired how Ashton knew I was here, then again it's kinda weird at how I just said yes.

I went to the back of the o2 were he told me to meet him. What did he look like? Was he cute? Was he a musical guy? Was he-

"Hey."

I turned my head to the side. "Harold?"

"That's me!"

"Your 'Ashton'?"

"Yep."

He moved a hair out of his face before walking to me. "And you like beautiful."

His hand went up to move a strand of hair behind me ear but I caught he wrist.

"I need to go." I release his wrist before walking off.

Harold? Really! Out of all the people...

Harold grabbed my hand and pulled me back to him holding me tight.

"Hey! Let go of me!" I struggle against him, but he's too strong.

"Not until you-"

"Hey! Get off her man!" Ashton.

Wait. Ashton. Ashton. It all makes sense now. Ashton is Ashton. That's how he knew. That's why he gave me looks when I was with Luke. That's why he stopped talking to me.

Harold is soon pushed off me and Ashton is holding me in his arms. I don't do anything. I just stand there.

"Your Ashton." I mumble.

"Hm?" Ashton looks down at me.

"Your Ashton. Your my Ashton." I glance up at him.

"What'd you mean?"

"Your Ashton from target." I giggle a little. "Wait Ashley? That was in that target video all you guys made."

Ashton sends me a small smile. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you."

"Sorry?" I shake my head a little. "You were a dick to me."

"To hide the fact I was him!" Ashton responds.

"But I like Ashton." I say. "I like you."

Ashton steps away from me. "This can't work."

"Why? Why not Ashton?" I fight back my tears that threaten to spill out.

"Because I'm in your brothers band!" He cries.

"So?!" I nearly yell. "So is Luke! My brother doesn't care about that!"

"You were drunk." He says. Ashton shakes his head. "You were so drunk."

"I was... Not that night again? Please don't bring that up." I place a hand on my forehead.

"Your brother hates me." Ashton mumbles.

"Why?" I ask, taking a few steps forward.

"He hit you Evie." Ashton admits.

"No." I automatically object. "He would nev-"

"Well he fucking did!" He yells at me. "And I made him promise not to tell you about me so then I wouldn't tell you about him!"

I glance at Ashton. His eyes flare with anger and I slowly walk away backwards.

"Don't come near me." I whisper.

Ashton's eyes instantly soften and fill with tears. "Evie I'm sorry."

"You made a deal with my brother about two things that I should of known months ago." I laugh a little. "Don't come anyway near me ever again."

"Please!"

"Oh and by the way thanks for saving me from Harold. Bet you sent him over to hide your dirty little secret." I shake my head. "You disgust me Ashton Irwin."

And with that I am gone and Ashton is alone.