twenty-nine

E V I E

I took my seat next to my mum, just off to the left of the stage. She smiled at me and glanced back at the stage.

"I told Calum where we were sitting." She informed me, taking a sip from whatever alcohol she decided to order.

I rolled my eyes and didn't answer. I didn't really want to talk to my brother nether the less see him. The lights dimmed and the usual opening played through the arena as girls screamed. I just sat there. I decided I was sick of these boys. I left one year ago but they still haunt my mind. I'm confused about my feelings for Luke and Ashton. I don't talk to Calum and I don't really know Michael.

Everyone was screaming and jumping up and down, including my mum,while I just say there staring into space, tears brimming. I was so fed up. I glanced at the stage, my eyes automatically finding Ashton. A tear slipped out as I closed my eyes. My mum ignored me as I went out into the isle.

But Ashton didn't he looked up, grinning to the crowd. Luke did his final strum and began to bow but Ashton's drumsticks dropped to the floor with a clatter. The crowd went quiet. Calum glanced over to where Ashton was looking. I closed my eyes. This had to be a dream. This had to be. I turned around and reopened them. I made my way up the stairs.

"Wait! No- um." Ashton's voice boomed through the speakers. "Please just-"

I shake my head. The boos chorusing through it. Girls shouting about how I interrupted their concert. I carry on walking.

"Come back!" Ashton says quietly.

I stop again and turn around. Luke's jaw was clenched and Michael was widen eyed and Calum was glaring at me. Ashton's eyes had small tears leaking from them. I walk slowly back towards the stage. Ashton's mouth twitches into a smile. I sigh and thank security for helping me up. Ashton climbs down the drum kit and I shake my head.

I glance over at Luke who's eyes are not meeting mine. I turn to Ashton. The something clicked. Something that made me want Luke

"You lied to me." I whisper.

I slowly walk over to Luke. He decides to meet my eyes. He swallows hard and puts his guitar on the floor. He runs over to me and side states at Ashton as our lips connect. He moans into the kiss, pulling me harder against him.

"Is this a joke?!" Ashton yells.

I furrow my eyebrows. "Is this a fucking joke?!"

"Sir please calm down."

My eyes blurred into the scene in front of me. My legs. My arms. I twitch my fingers and bend my elbow. The doctor quickly rushes over to my side telling me to take it easy. I nodded slowly as Ashton's face came into my view.

"W-What happened?" I croak out.

"You had a car accident. That's all." Ashton whispers.

"I-I d-don't understand."

"After you kissed Luke." Pain washes over his face. "You drove."

"I know that dipshit." I groan.

"A Lordy was driving on the opposite side of the road, and you avoided it but crashed into a tree instead." The doctor answered.

Ashton's fingers went up to my hair. "You should be ok in a few days to come out."

I automatically lean my head into his fingers and the doctor clears his throat. Ashton glances up at him.

"I'll come back in a few hours." The door slammed and me and Ashton were left alone.

He looked back down at me as I looked up at him. His fingers were moving around in my hair while his other fingers were underneath my chin, his thumb stroking my lips. Ashton slowly leant in as I bit my lip. Our noses touching I waited for his lips to touch mine and for me to be lost in him forever.

But they never touched mine.

He kissed my nose and smiled down at me. I pouted slightly.

"What's wrong?" He murmured.

"I wanted you to kiss me." I blurt out.

Ashton glances down at me, eyes wide and lips parted. But he still leans in like he did last time and places a small kiss on my lips, little shots of electricity coming from that. He's about to go back up but my hand grabs the back of his neck and pushes our lips together. He kisses back and holds my face with his in two hands. This was what I wanted. Not some temporary fix like Luke. Luke.

I pushed him away slightly and turned away from him. "We can't do this." I gesture to Luke who is talking to my mum. No signs of crying down her face.

Ashton sighs but nods. "Can I kiss you one more time?"

I nod and reconnect our lips.