twenty-eight

E V I E

"Hey sis!"

"Don't fucking talk to me." I glare at him. "Your no brother of mine."

Calum furrows his eyebrows while Luke comes up behind me and places his hands on my shoulders.

"Calm down Eve." Luke whispers in my ear.

I nod slowly and follow Luke into the living room. Calum sits down across from me.

"What was that all about?" Calum laughs a little.

"What kind of brother hits their sister?" I question. Calum's face drops and goes pale. "Wait no. I should be asking, what kind of brother hits their sister makes a deal with his lying best friend to keep it a secret while they hide one of theirs?"

Calum begins to stutter. "I-I can explain."

I scoff and raise my eyebrows. "Fucking enlighten me."

"Well you see..." Calum trails off.

"Exactly." I roll my eyes.

I get up and begin to go out the door.

"Where you going?" Calum asks.

"No where." I shrug. Luke gets up and follows my trail to the door.

"I'm coming with you."

I nod and we both go out the door. I fall down the door and begin to sob. Luke places his arms around me and pulls me into him.

"It's ok." Luke reassures.

"But it's not is it?" I sob. "I've lost my brother and a best friend."

"You have me ok? Never forget that." Luke places a kiss to my forehead.

I look up at him. "Thank you."

Luke smiles at me. "It's nothing."

We stare at each other for a little longer before Luke places his lips on mine. I kiss back slowly. There's no spark or anything. It just feels nice. Like a nice kiss that I've been needing all these years of abuse.

"Just remember." Luke whispers pulling away. But before he can finish another voice joins.

"Your not here alone inside of this broken home."

Ashton.