The Tides of Change

Jonathan Pov- I stood at the doors of the lunch room shocked at what I was seeing. What I was looking at was just wrong and it had to be stopped. Seelie walked passed me but I quickly grabbed her arm pulling her back to stand next to me. "Seelie look around and tell me what you see."

She looked around before looking back at me "I see the same lunch room and the same people I see every day." I rolled my eyes "look closer. Look at the fashionista table." She looked over looking at the table consisting of Magnus Bane, Helen Blackthorn, Camille Belcourt and the Lightwood siblings.

"I don't see anything different about it" she said crossing his eyes. "The Nobody is sitting at their table again. He's been sitting with them for the past week now." She shrugged "what's new about that?"

I looked at her "am I the only one who sees the problem here? He's out of place. The fashionistas aren't his group of people to hang out with. He's breaking the rules and if the Nobody can break the rules then what's stopping anyone else? Soon band geeks and nerds will think they can just sit wherever they want."

Seelie looked and pointed to the nerd table "it seems like it's already happening." I looked toward the nerd table and gasped seeing William Herondale leaning on the table obviously flirting with Tessa Gray. "This is not happening" I growled before making my way to the fashionista table. The moment I stopped in front of it the entire lunch room went quiet and everyone stared.

Alec and Magnus both looked up at me Alec looking confused, and Magnus looking pissed behind his glasses. "Wow why are you wearing those hideous glasses again" I asked trying not to laugh. Magnus frowned glancing away, pushing the glasses up the rim of his nose. "What do you want Jonathan" Isabelle Lightwood asked glaring at me.

I ignored her looking at her brother "I've tried to be polite but I can't overlook it anymore. Alec you're sitting at the wrong table. Your table is off in the corner alone where you belong." Alec frowned starting to stand up but stopped when Magnus put his hand on his shoulder, pushing him back into his seat.

"Alec you don't have to go anywhere" Magnus said not taking his eyes off of me. I smirked at him appreciating his guts. "Magnus if you're going to start dressing like a nerd again you might want to save yourself the trouble and just go back over to the nerd table with your reject friends." Magnus glanced over at his old friends before glaring at me "they aren't rejects."

"They must be since you so easily dropped them. I understand why you did it though. I wouldn't want to be seen with them either. Dropping them was maybe the best thing you ever did." He stayed silent and I smirked before looking back at Alec "I'm not over here to taunt him, I'm here to put you in your place."

Jace walked over to us putting his hand on my shoulder "Jonathan back off. Alec being over here isn't effecting you none." "Oh but it is Jace. Alec here is breaking the rules and that's making others think they can do the same" I said glancing over at Will.

Will frowned and made his way back to his table looking annoyed. I watched him before looking back at Alec "get up." "He's not going anywhere" Magnus said again glaring at me. I smirked putting my hand on the table and leaning forward until I was in Magnus's face.

"How sweet. The old Nobody is protecting the new Nobody. You two make a beautiful couple." Magnus paled "I wasn't a... we're not..." "Cat got your tongue" I asked not losing my smirk.

"You can try to deny all you want that you weren't a nobody back then but all the seniors here know the truth. We were with you in middle school yet no one remembers because you weren't important till the final year. Everyone thought that you were a new student for crying out loud. No one cared about you."