Four Years Later

Magnus Pov- "Mr. Bane? Mr. Bane sir, wake up. Mr. Bane, hello" my assistants voice came from above me. I opened my eyes and shot up in my chair looking around the room frantically "I'm awake. I swear I didn't fall asleep."

My assistant Penelope giggled before putting some hot coffee onto my desk "Mr. Bane I hate to nag you but you don't have time for messing around. You have to get ten original dresses done for the Oscars next weekend. The clients all want them this weekend so you only have three more days to work on them."

I sighed running my hand through my already messed up hair. "You know it was once my dream to have a famous person have me design their dress for an event as amazing as the Oscars. I just never thought ten girls would come to me at the same time. I was crazy to accept them all."

"Nonsense Magnus, you don't turn down famous customers, it will just make you look bad" my manager, Raphael Santiago said walking into the room. He looked around at all the fabrics I had thrown around before looking back at me. "would it kill you to stay organized?"

I crossed my arms turning my back to him "just so you know this is me being organized. It's an organized mess."

"He really does work better with it like this Mr. Santiago" Penelope said coming to my defense. I smiled at her and patted her head wondering how I got blessed with such a sweet angel as my assistant.

"Whatever. Magnus I hope you are taking these Oscar orders seriously. When the reporters ask who's wearing who, at least ten ladies will say 'Magnus Bane'. This will boost your reputation so you need to actually work and not sleep on the job."

"I was not sleeping" I said crossing my arms. Raphael pointed to his forehead "you have sequence stuck to your forehead."

I frowned wiping my fingers across my forehead and sure enough, there was sequence.

"Why are you here Raphael? I am very busy as you just pointed out" I said turning my back to him and going back to hand stitching the sequence onto one of the dresses.

"We need to talk about your charity work for this month. I have three options for you to choose from and you'll have to go to one of the events."

I sighed putting down the dress and putting on my glasses so I could see better. "I love charity work but aren't I doing enough of it. I donate the clothes I make to shelters, when someone buys one of my prom dresses someone who can't afford a prom dress gets one. I pretty much put charity in everything I do, so why go to an event?"

"You do great charity work for clothes. I was thinking that you should branch out into other types of charities. I did some research on your family and found out you and your parents were supportive of cancer research. That's a great charity to work on so I chose three events for you to choose from."

I frowned listening to him before getting back to work "why does it have to be cancer? Can't it be starving orphans or an LGBT thing?"

"The caner one will look better for your image. Now I have three events for you to choose from. The School of Cancer Research, Breast Cancer Awareness, or The ALCRF."

I blinked confused at that last one before going back to stitching the sequence again "what do the letters mean in the last one?"

Raphael looking at his paperwork "let's see, it stands for The Alec Lightwood Cancer Research Foundation."

Alec's name hit my ears and I was so shocked that while stitching the sequence, I missed the fabric and ended up pricking my finger with the tip of the needle. I cursed loudly before dropping the needle and looking at my finger.