Welcome to the House of Bane

Alec Pov- "So let me get this straight. We have been invited to a Bane party" my mother asked looking shocked. I nodded not really seeing what the big deal was. "Mr. Bane invited you all personally. Since I'm dating his son I guess he wants to meet all of us. He was also talking about hiring you, dad" I said looking at him.

He seemed as shocked as mom which was weird for the both of them. My parents weren't ones to get easily shocked or flustered. "What's so great about being invited to a Bane party" Max asked looking around at everyone. "Seriously, it's not like someone famous is having a party. It's just Magnus" Isabelle said crossing her arms.

Dad shook his head "it's not the fact that we were invited that shocks us. It's the fact that there's being a party thrown at all. Asmodeus Bane hasn't thrown a party since... let's just say it's been years. His wife used to plan huge parties as fundraisers for raising money to cure cancer research." "Why did they stop throwing them" Max asked making my parents both stay quiet. The reason the parties stopped was because Esmerelda Bane lost her battle to cancer. She died and the Banes never threw another party.

"Magnus said that this was like a business dinner. All the people he works with are gathering with their families and having a nice dinner and party." Dad leaned back thinking "so it's like a company picnic but fancier." My mom sighed standing up "the Banes are the richest family in New York. You always had to wear your best attire to parties like these and I don't know if I have a nice enough dress."

Isabelle smiled standing up "I can help you look for one mom. The red one you wore for your anniversary would look great." Max frowned looking at dad "am I going to have to wear my church suit?" He nodded "this party is fancy so you have to look good." He whined and I ran my hand through his hair "I know Max I'm not too happy about it either. We will suffer together okay?"

He nodded smiling up at me before going to pick out a book to read at the party. I watched him walk away before looking at dad. "Are you sure that you're okay with Magnus being my boyfriend? If you don't like that I'm gay I can take the truth." He scruffed my hair messing it up more than it already was. "Stop freaking out Alexander. Your mother and I are excited about meeting Magnus. We're just happy that you are happy."

I nodded catching my breath "I'm nervous about meeting his dad. What if he doesn't like me?" "That's impossible" he said smiling. "I don't think there's anyone in the world who hates you." I had a whole list of people who hate me. Jonathan Morgenstern, Camille Belcourt, the entire student body! Some kids from school are coming to the party so it will be interesting to see how they treat me there.

A kid named Andrew Sylvan was coming and he claims to have liked me in middle school. He said he wanted to be my friend but became too sick to be in school. It's hard to believe that there was actually someone who noticed me back then. I feel horrible that I never noticed him. I spent a good hour sitting in my bed and forcing myself to remember him but it was all a blur. All I remember from middle school was Magnus.

"I'm going to go get ready. I want to look good for meeting Magnus's dad." My dad smiled "try to actually brush your hair for once." "Ha, ha very funny" I said heading to my room. Once I got there I walked up to my closet and pulled out two suits. One was black with a light blue pocket hankie in the chest pocket. The other was gray with a red hankie.

The black suit would look great with my white button up shirt and blue tie that matched the hankie. This suit was maybe the nicest thing I owned and I didn't even remember how I got it. I think my dad bought it for me for weddings and job interviews so I would look professional.

Sighing, I laid the suit down on my bed and started to undress, thinking about Magnus. My father was right about the Bane family not throwing a party since his mom passed away. How does Magnus feel tonight knowing that this will be the first get together they planned without his mom? How will he feel having his dad meet his boyfriend but not his mom?