English 101

Alec Pov- I walked into school wondering what I should say to Magnus when I see him. He made it incredibly clear that I will not ever in infinity be his boyfriend. He thought my feelings for him was just some guy talking shit. How would he feel if he knew I really did have romantic feelings for him?

I'm sure he would hate me if he found out. He would go back to ignoring me and I would go back to being friendless. I stopped at the end of the hall looking at Magnus who was already standing by his locker pulling out some books. I took a deep breath, not really sure why and I walked up to him "morning."

He looked at me and lost his smile seeing what I was wearing. I went back to wearing my old sweaters and I didn't brush my hair. "Alec why are you dressed like that again?" I shrugged moving over to my locker and opening it. "I wasn't comfortable dressing that other way."

Magus continued frowning watching me. "Alec are you afraid of getting the wrong attention? Not everyone is like Damon." I shrugged grabbing my books "I just want to be comfortable."

I headed to class and he ran after me. "Alec if you want to be popular then you have to dress to impress. I thought we went over this already." I glanced at him "I thought I told you that I don't want to be popular. Why are you so set on it?"

Magnus ran his hand through his gelled hair sighing "oh Alexander, I don't know what to do with you. You shouldn't spend all of school being labeled as a nobody so I'm helping you become somebody." "I don't care about the way people see me. School is only a few more months so it's no big deal."

He frowned grabbing my arm. His touch felt like fire on my wrist making me snatch my hand back. Magnus seemed shocked that I pulled away from him "Alec..." "we're going to be late for English" I said before walking into the class room. I went to the back of the room where I usually sit and I sat down hiding my face in my book.

Magnus stared at me for a long moment before sitting in his seat looking at the front of the class. Mr. Hodge walked in looking at all of us "okay it's time for our monthly projects. I'll let you all choose and whoever's left will be partnered up with Alexander." I sighed silently used to being the last resort.

"Can I work with Alec" Jace Herondale asked raising his hand. I looked at him shocked along with everyone else. Jonathan frowned "but we always work together. He shrugged "I thought I would throw the poor kid a bone."

Mr. Hodge nodded writing our names down. "everyone else pair up too." I looked at Jace before glancing over at Magnus. He was watching me frowning before looking at Raphael Santiago, choosing to work with him.

Once everyone was pared up everyone moved next to their partners. Jace came to sit next to me and smiled "I heard about what happened at the party. How are you feeling?" I frowned glancing at him "does everyone know what happened with Damon?"

He shook his head no. "I don't think so. Most of them just think you got wasted and passed out. Jonathan told me he saw you going upstairs with Damon. I told you to get your own drinks but you didn't listen."

I frowned and nodded looking down "I heard your warning but was a little angry and didn't care." Jace propped up his chin in the palm of his hand "is it because you have the hots for Magnus?" "HOW DID YOU KNOW THAT?!" I asked accidently yelling.

Everyone was looking at me confused including Magnus. I looked down blushing before looking at Jace. "How did you know that" I asked again quietly. Jace rolled his eyes before smirking mestiviously "it's pretty obvious."

I frowned glancing at Magnus who was no longer looking at me. "He isn't into me. I was hoping changing myself would help but it didn't." Jace was silent for a moment before grabbing the sheet with our project on it.