Chapter 17

Sian's POV

Walking into the club and looking around to see where the rest of the guys are, I spot them sat at a table in the corner, before turning to Sophie.

‘Why don’t you go on over, an’ I’ll get us some drinks yeah?’ I say squeezing her hand as she looks to me and shakes her head.

‘They’re your friends Babe, you go over and I’ll get the drinks.’ She says quickly pecking my lips before she starts towards the bar slipping her hand from mine, but before she can release her hand completely, I grip it tighter and pull her back to me as she spins to face me again. Tugging her even closer, I link both our hands.

‘Nuh uh, I want to buy my beautiful girlfriend a drink.’ I say as she smiles at me. ‘Now get your cute backside over there and I’ll be over in a minute.’ I say as she laughs and a smirk travels its way across her face.

‘I like it when you take charge.’ she says seductively as she takes another step closer and leans into me until her lips are right next to my ear. ‘It makes me want you right here, right now…’ she whispers, making me let out a heavy breath before she pulls back. ‘But I guess I’ll just wait over here yeah?’ she asks pointing to the table in the corner as she walks away with a smirk on her face, leaving me standing in the middle of the floor staring at her, before I shake myself from my little trance and head to the bar.

We’ve been at the club for the past couple of hours and enjoyed a few drinks with the guys, to celebrate them finishing recording their album. I’d decided to leave my car at work earlier and we got a taxi here so I wouldn’t have to worry about driving later. The place has got really busy since we arrived and we’ve all got a little tipsy by now and having a great time, everyone telling stories and jokes. All my mind can focus on however, is Sophie’s hand which is currently wrapped around my waist and subtly drawing circles across my skin just under my top causing goosebumps to erupt all over my body each time she repeats the action. I can’t wait to get her back to my apartment.

‘So, another round guys?’ I ask as I finish of the last of my vodka and lemonade, in a bid to distract myself. Getting nods from everyone, I give Sophie a quick peck on the cheek before I stand up from the table and make my way over to the bar. Reaching the bar, I lean on it waiting for the barman who’s serving someone at the opposite end, as I feel a pair of hands rest on my waist and I instantly know who it is from the butterflies I get in my stomach.

‘Babe…’ she whispers into my ear before placing a quick kiss just below it, and I lean back into her and let out a quiet hum. ‘I need to go.’ she says.

‘What, why?’ I ask her, frowning and quickly turning to face her. ‘Is everything alright?’

‘Yeah, I just need to go home tonight and it’s getting late so…’

‘But I thought you were coming back to mine.’ I say, starting to worry that I’ve said or done something wrong.

‘I would Babe, and believe me I want to, it’s just… I haven’t been home the past two nights and my mum’s asking questions.’

‘Just tell her you’re at Katie’s again?’ I suggest.  I mean Katy’s her bestfriend, it wouldn’t be weird for her to be staying with her over the holidays.

‘I can’t Babe, I really need to go home.’

‘Oh right.’ I say disappointed as I look away from her before turning back to the bar, just as the barman approaches and I give him my order.

‘Don’t be like that.’ She moves to stand beside me and lightly placing her hand on my arm.  ‘Hey…’ she says gently, stroking her fingertips across my skin and I look up to her, our eyes locking. ‘I love you.’ And as soon as she says it, I can’t stop the smile that spreads across my face.