Chapter 2

Sophie's POV

My party's in an hour and I'm just finishing getting ready before heading over. I was in town earlier and bought 3 different dresses to choose from, wanting to make sure I look my best this evening, not only because it's my party but also because a certain hot blonde has said she will be there. My friend Katy came over earlier to get ready here with me and has spent most of the time talking about her new boyfriend Chesney and how loved up they are. She keeps telling me all about his band and how he has a friend that she wants to set me up with and I keep having to try and change the subject. It's not that I don't find guys attractive, I do, but right now the only person I think of or that I'm interested in, in that way is Sian. Katy is my best friend and I tell her everything, everything but the fact that I think I may be gay or bi or whatever constantly thinking about, wanting to touch, wanting to kiss, wanting to be with Sian makes me. Not that I don't think she'd support me because I'm pretty sure she would, I'm just a little scared... okay a lot scared.

'Wow Sophie you look hot!' Katy says entering my bedroom whilst I'm finishing my makeup in the mirror. After much debate I'd chosen to wear my new black mini dress showing off just the right amount of cleavage and leg with my black heels and I'm wearing my hair down and wavy.

'So, did you invite any hot guys I don't know about?' she asks.

'Katy, you have a boyfriend.'

'Yeah, but YOU don't and anyway, it does no harm to look.'

'You're terrible' I state with a smirk. 'And what makes you think I WANT a boyfriend? Now come on get ready, we need to leave soon.'

'Okay okay... jeez Soph, anyone would think you were savings yourself for marriage. If I didn't already know about Ryan...' I shoot her a quick 'shut the hell up' look, which she instantly understands and raises her hands up in a defeated manner, before making her way to the bathroom to get changed.

Ryan was a mistake. I dated him last year when we first started college and we were together for a few months during which time I lost my virginity to him. I didn't love him, but I did really like him and we were a couple, so it didn't feel wrong. We only had sex a couple of times though cos' I found out he'd cheated on me with some tramp named Amber who was in university and was known for sleeping around with other peoples boyfriends, and from what I'd heard, with other peoples girlfriends aswell. Of course I dumped him straight away and promised myself that I will make sure that the next person I sleep with will be someone I actually love and more importantly, trust.

************************************************************************************************************************

We've been at The Rovers for an hour already. I'd finally managed to get Katy to hurry up in between her rambling on even more about Chesney and his band and how he's bringing his friend Tommy with him to my party, much to my disapproval. Katie wants us to be able to go out on double dates... and that would be fine, if my date was Sian and not a teenage band member who just wants to get drunk and talk about playing drums.

I've been doing the rounds of chatting with the guests, thanking them for coming to help me celebrate. I'm having a good time and I've had a couple of vodka and cokes as well as a couple of shots insisted upon by Katy, but I can't help but keep glancing at the door for a certain blonde who is yet to arrive, I'm really hoping she shows up.