Chapter 23

Sophie’s POV

Waking up slowly and stretching my arm out to the side, I feel the cold sheet on the other side of the bed. Remembering that I sneaked back into my room about 4am and smiling as I remember why I had to in the first place.

I honestly was disappointed when Sian agreed to stay over in Rosie’s room and said she wanted to stick to my mum’s rules. I wanted her so badly last night, and when she stopped anything from happening in the living room, I just wanted to be able to go back to hers and spend the night with us screaming each other’s name. But then she dragged me into the bedroom with her and we pretty much spent the next three hours seeing the New Year in with a bang… so to speak!

It was kind of weird with my parents in the next room, but I’m not complaining at all. Knowing we had to stay quiet and seeing and hearing how difficult Sian found it trying not to show her appreciation of what I was doing to her, made it so much hotter, and it felt amazing knowing how much she actually enjoys it. There was a few times last night that I thought we might actually get caught, but if my mum had heard or suspected something, I’m pretty sure she would have been straight in to check.

Throwing back the covers and feeling the chill in the air, I quickly grab my dressing gown and wrap it around myself, as I make my way across the landing to Rosie’s room and knock lightly on the door.

‘‘Sian?’’ I open the bedroom door and frown when I see an empty bed. Surely she hasn’t gone back to hers already. Hearing voices coming from the kitchen, I make my way downstairs and see Sian sitting at the table across from Rosie who’s checking herself in a compact mirror and my dad who’s reading the newspaper, as my mum stands at the cooker making eggs and bacon by the smell of things. ‘‘Morning.’’ I say as I reach the bottom of the stairs.

‘’Morning love.’’ my mum says, from where she’s standing. ‘‘Sit down, I’ll make you some breakfast.’’

Sian turns around in her seat, a smile spreading across her face. ‘‘Hey.’’ She grins at me as I walk closer and I lean down kissing her lips, before I sit on the chair beside her and place my hand on her thigh. I hear my mum clear her throat from where she’s standing, but I choose to ignore her and focus on Sian.

‘‘What you doing up already?’’ I ask her, as she takes my hand in hers and entwines our fingers.

‘‘Was pretty worn out last night, slept like a log.’’ she replies quietly and gives me a cheeky wink, making me smirk back, before we hear a snort of laughter from across the table and look over to see Rosie shaking her head.

‘‘What you doing over here again this morning anyway? You went home with Jason last night.’’ I ask my sister as I pour myself a glass of orange juice.

‘‘I have a photo shoot to go to and needed to get some of my things from my room.’’ she says, as she takes bite of scrambled egg from her plate. ‘‘You know Soph, I think some of our stuff must have been mixed up in the washing or something…’’

I frown at her wondering what on earth she’s talking about. ‘‘What?’’

‘‘Yeah, I went to get some of my things earlier and I’m pretty sure I saw some of what I assume was your underwear in my room.’’ I automatically choke on the sip of orange juice I’d just taken, and cough a few times before I can actually speak.

‘‘Errr… yeah, must have erm… yeah.’’ I stutter out, clearing my throat again and glancing at my mum who seems to be oblivious to the conversation as she continues to cook breakfast, and then to my dad who’s engrossed in the latest headline. A massive smirk appears on Rosie’s face as I feel my cheeks turning crimson and I look over to an equally embarrassed looking Sian next to me.