Chapter 4

Sophie's POV

'Sophie, time to get up!!' I hear my mum shouting from the bottom of the stairs. Opening my eyes slowly, the light from outside reflecting through my window makes me squint slightly as I outstretch my arms above my head and focus on the clock beside my bed which shows 7:30am.

'Urgh...' I begin grumbling to myself just before I'm interrupted.

'SOPHIE!!'

'Okay, okay, I'm up!' I shout back as I throw back the covers and drag myself up. Grabbing my dressing gown from where it's lying over the chair in front of my desk, I make my way to the bathroom. Stepping into the shower, feeling the hot water running over my body, I feel a smile forming as I realise what day it is... Wednesday.

Today's going to be a great day.

************************************************************************************************************************

Since arriving at college this morning, I haven't been able to concentrate, as my thoughts are constantly on a certain someone. Entering the study hall and taking a seat next to Katy, she looks up and gives me a smile as I copy her actions.

'Alright everyone, I expect to see some actual studying going on please.' Mr. Jenkins says loudly as he takes his seat. Sighing, I open my books and start to skim over the pages not really taking in the information in front of me. I've pretty much just spent the entire day so far thinking about later in the day, when I'll get to see Sian again. She is actually all I've thought about over the last few days and I've been caught daydreaming so much, people are starting to think I have the attention span of a toddler, if only they knew how much attention I do actually pay to one subject in particular. It's pretty crazy, I mean it's not like anything is even going on between us, or that I even know that she likes me like that, but I can't stop thinking about her. When she hugged me goodbye at my party and then kissed my cheek... yeah it was only on the cheek, but I could have passed out right there and then. I just wanted to tell her right then how amazing she is and how often I think about her, but maybe that would come across a little weird, I mean I think about her ALL THE TIME. I've even considered texting her, I mean I have her number, of course I have her number, she my driving instructor and I need it in case I ever have to cancel a lesson, like I would ever do that... but anyway, it would seem a bit random if I just decided to text her after having her number for the last 5 months and never having used it before, so I haven't, I've just waited...

'Sophie...' I hear as someone nudges me, but I'm still stuck in my own little Sian bubble.

'Sophie!' I hear again, as I'm broken from my thoughts and turn my head to see Katy looking as me quizzically. 'Where were you?' she asked with a sly grin on her face.

'What? Nowhere.' I say as I look to the clock realising I've been thinking about Sian for the entire study period, I begin collecting my stuff from the desk, 'Just zoned out I guess.'

'Come on Soph, who is he?' she asks.

'No one'

'Is it Tommy, cos I thought...'

'No way!' I say cutting her off, perhaps a little harsher than intended, but seriously I want her to know, nu huh, no way, never!