Chapter 7

Sophie's POV

'Sian...'

Seeing Sian stood right there, I begin trying to collect the last of the coins from the floor as fast as possible, as she kneels down next to me to help. Both reaching for the same coin, our hands touch and I whip my away quickly, seeing her frown slightly. I don't mean to be harsh but I just can't be close to her when I feel about her the way I do and not have her. Standing up and fixing down my dress, I place the money back in my bag as she stands up holding out the rest of the coins to me kind of awkwardly, as I take them from her.

'Thanks.' I mumble quietly, unable to take my eyes of her, she looks stunning stood there in front of me as I let my eyes wonder up and down. I suddenly realise that I'm staring and she's watching me and I struggle to find something to say. 'Erm, wh... what you doing here?' I ask her as I finally finish putting the money back in my bag.

'I'm just here with a few friends. I got an invite to come check the place out this evening. So who you with?

'Same, just out with some friends.' I tell her.

'Can I buy you a drink?' she smiles at me.

'Ehhh no thanks, I just got one.' I say turning and picking up the two drinks sat on the bar, before turning back to Sian, seeing her looking between the two glasses.

'Oh okay, well maybe I can get you one later on then?' she says.

'Erm, yeah maybe.'

'Okay.' She smiles at me. 'You look amazing by the way.'

'Thanks.' I say blushing, as I feel a hand on my waist and see Tommy appears next to me.

'This mine?' he says taking one of the drinks out of my hands.

'Eh yeah.' I say looking at him briefly as he smiles at me. Looking back to Sian, seeing her looking at Tommy's hand on my waist, she has a frown which disappears after a moment before she looks back to me.

'So, who's your friend.' Tommy says raising his glass towards Sian.

'Erm... this is Sian, she's my erm, she's my driving instructor.' I say wishing I could describe her as so much more. 'Sian, this is Tommy.,. he's...' I stop talking, not sure what to say next. I know she's not interested in me, but seeing the way she looked when Tommy put his arm around me, made me have a little bit of hope that maybe she's jealous.

'Her date.' Tommy speaks up suddenly.

'Oh right.' Sian says with a slightly faltering smile as I look at her, and I'm pretty sure that's disappointment I can see in her eyes, or maybe it's just me hoping that's what it is. She clears her throat before speaking again. 'So, how did Wednesday go Sophie, is everything okay?'

Wednesday? It takes me a second to realise what she's talking about and I can feel the confused look masking my face. Oh crap, Wednesday, I cancelled my driving lesson, think quick! 'Erm...yeah, everything's fine now thanks.'

'What happened on Wednesday?' Tommy interrupts before I have a chance to change the subject. I don't want to have to tell more lies.

'Erm, nuthin'... there was just something I had to do.' I say before glancing at Sian seeing her frown. I'm not surprised, I've 'erm'd' and 'Eh'd' so many times in the last 30 seconds she's gonna think I have a stammer.

'So what was it?' he asks.

'What?' I say slightly annoyed at him.

'The thing you had to do.'

'Nuthin' alright, just leave it!' I say moodily, again glancing at Sian as she watches our interaction.

'Alright alright,' he replies raising his eyebrows and rolling his eyes while smirking in Sian's direction, as I see her still looking slightly confused. 'Well d'ya wanna dance now then?' he asks gesturing over to the dancefloor where I can see Katy dancing as Chesney makes a good effort to follow her lead.