Part 1: Moving

Today is the day we are moving to Rhode Island. I'm really sad and excited all at the same time. I'm really sad I'm leaving behind my very best friends Amanda and Lexi. I'm so excited to have a new beginning with my family and meet new people.
"Kayla, can you please pass me an empty box and help me pack the rest of the stuff in the family room" My dad says.
I pick up a box from the heaping pile of flat boxes and hand it to my dad.
"Thanks"
"Is it alright if after this I go to Amanda's house, Lexi and her are there and want to say goodbye to me?"
"Sure thing sweetie. Just we need to make sure to leave at 1:00pm which is an hour."
"Okay dad." I grab picture frames and put them in the box and put bubble wrap in. Time passes by and I finally finish helping my dad.
"I'm gonna go now, Dad! Love you be back in a few. It is like 15 minutes to 1:00 so good thing Amanda lives at the end of the street. I walk over there holding my phone in front of me and texting Amanda.
AMANDA: u still coming? I NEEEEEED to say goodbye to you 😭😭😭
ME: I'll be over in 30 secs or less!
AMANDA: door is unlocked.
I reach her door and put my phone in my back pocket and then open the front door and see Lexi and Amanda sitting on the couch watching TV.
"KAYLA!!" Lexi screams to me. She gets up and runs up to me and hugs me.
"We are gonna miss you so much, Kayla! It won't be the same here!" Amanda says while getting up and hugs me.
"I'm gonna miss you guys too!" I say, while tears start to roll down my face.
"Aww Kayla don't cry! We will FaceTime each other, Skype and text all the time!" Lexi says while giving me a tissue.
"You promise? I'm gonna be so alone in Rhode Island." I say.
"Don't worry I'll bet you'll make some friends, maybe even meet a boy." Amanda says while winking at me.
"I wish but it probably won't happen." I sigh.
"Oh don't worry about you don't need a boy anyway." Lexi says.
I pull out my phone out of my back pocket and check the time. 12:55.
"I gotta get headed back and then we're off to Rhode Island." I say.
"One last group hug." Lexi says.
All of his come into a hug and then I pull back.
"I love you guys so much! I'm gonna miss you and I will call when I get there." I say.
"Bye! We'll miss you too!" Amanda says.
"Bye Kayla!" Lexi says.
I wave bye and open the front door and walk back to my house thinking about all the memories I've had with them. They've helped me so much through everything. And now I'm gonna have to start all over. I finally reach my house and I check my phone to see it is 12:59. Right on time. I see my dad standing out side with my brother, John.
"Ready to go, Kayla?" My dad yells out to me.
"Yeah, I'm ready."  I answer back.
"THEN LETS GOOOO!" John yells enthusiastically.
I run up to the front seat of the car.
"SHOTGUN" John yells.
"I'm already here!!" I yell at my brother.
"I said shotgun so move outta my way, Kayla!" He says.
"John, let your sister sit in the front seat!" My dad yells at us.
"BOO YAH in your face!" I say to my brother.
"Whatever." He says and rolls is eyes at me.
And John goes into the back seat and I sit in the front seat and my dad in the drivers seat.
"Goodbye house!" My dad says as he pulls out of the driveway and drives away.
"I'm gonna miss it." John says.
"I'm not." I say.
Most of the ride is filled with us talking about memories in the house and talking about things we can do in Rhode Island. And then we eventually get there...