Part 12: Awaken

-two weeks pass-
//Mikey's POV\\
It has been 2 weeks since the accident. Kayla is still in a coma. I have this cast on my leg for another 4 weeks. I regret going back to school so early because my grades are dropping and my mom has been on me about that. Only good thing about this is whole thing is Angelina has left me alone. I just wish this had never happened. Things were finally good. In a good relationship with someone actually enjoyed being with.
I'm going to the hospital to see Kayla. Bryce drives me here since I can't with my broken leg and all.
We finally arrive to the hospital. The receptionist has gotten use to me coming everyday to see Kayla so she just nods and lets me go through the doors to Kayla's room. Bryce waits outside the room while I go in.
John wasn't so cool with me going to see her the first week, but then he finally let me.
It really was all my fault like John said. I shouldn't have kissed her while I was driving. Because now she is in a coma because of me.
A chair is already placed next to her bed.
I grab Kayla's hand and I kiss her hand.
"Please wake up Kayla. I miss you so much." I whisper. "--I love you."

//Kayla's POV\\
My eyes are shut and everything is black. I can still hear though. Which means I get to hear Mikey come to me everyday and hear his voice and know I can't respond. It breaks me inside. I try to open my eyes. But I can't.
"--I love you" Mikey says.
this is the first time he has said I love you to me.
I try again to open my eyes. All i want to do right now is see Mikey and tell him I love him too.
And then suddenly my eyes are open.
I turn to my left to see Mikey. Cuter than ever.
I try to grab his arm but I'm too weak.
"I love you too Mikey."
And then a doctor runs into the room. Mikey kisses me on the forehead and tells me that he is going to call my dad and my brother. He grabs his crutches and walks out of the room and I look through the glass window where I see Bryce start to stand up.
My dad and brother eventually get here. My brother immediately runs to my side.
"I missed you little sis." my brother says.
"Now let's get you home sweetie." My dad says.
"Well it's gonna be a bit difficult- I can't exactly move very much. I'm a bit weak."
"Okay I can go get a wheelchair if you want" my dad says.
"Okay thank you dad." I say softly as he leaves the room.
I glance out the window to see no sign of Mikey or Bryce.
"So.. how are you feeling?" john says.
"I'm alright. So where did Mikey and Bryce go?" I say.
"I think Mikey said he was heading home."
I wish we would have stayed I wanted to just see him. I wanted to tell him how much it meant to me that he came all these days...
"Oh okay." I say gently.
Finally my dad comes in with the wheelchair which my dad and brother both successfully help me get into.
-skip past to when they get home-

"Hey dad if it is alright I'm gonna head up to bed. Today was exhausting for me. Do you mind helping me get upstairs?" I say.
"Sure sweet pea. Tell me if you need anything let me know." He says.
My dad comes over and picks me up and puts me over his shoulder.
"Dad!!" I say. "I meant help me up not carry me up- I need to regain my balance and moving around skills. At least my arm is regained its strength."
"Sorry sweetheart." He says as he lays me on my bed.
"Goodnight dad."
"Goodnight kid. See you tomorrow. Remember me and your brother are a shout away." He says as he walks out of my room.
I wait until he shuts the door to grab my phone off my dresser to call Mikey.
It's ringing.. and ringing.
"Hey- it's Mikey leave a message if you feel like it." Beep..
"hey I just wanted to talk you now.. I really want to see you.. maybe tomorrow.. text me." I say and I hang up the phone and place it back on my dresser. And then the next thing I know I'm sleeping.