Chapter 14

Keisha's p.o.v

When I woke up the next day, I fell ill--like really ill! I was throwing up, and my stomach hurt like shit!

"Here, mamas." Bryan said, handing me my chicken soup that he promised, but I refuse to touch it. I feel like if I do then, I'll just throw up more.

I turned around in the bed once I smell the chicken and the season and spices that's in the sauce, also smelling the smell of the freshly baked bread. I saw that they were all in a tray, along with my glass of water and both my pills and Tylenol.

I jolted off of my bed, pushing past Bryan--almost pushing him off balance--and ran into the bathroom before throwing up into the toilet. I continued this for a little more time before breathing heavily and with the rest of my energy, shakily flushing the toilet. I slowly turned around to see that the tray wasn't in Bryan's hand anymore, but instead, he was standing in front of the door with a very concerned glare. "I'm just glad that you decided not to go to school, being sick like that." Bryan said before leaving the bathroom and coming back with the glass of water from earlier. "Here, drink this after you wash your mouth out from throwing up. Remember, drink very slowly." He reminded me, causing me to get up and walk over to the sink, clenching my stomach. This shit hurts!

After a whole 2 hours of lying in bed, every now and then, running into the bathroom to throw up, I suggested, "Can I please go to the hospital, I feel like I have some stomach flu type of shit!" Bryan sighed and got up before saying, "I'll go get the keys, you get dressed." Good, because I was really bout to go off on a nigga if he wasn't finna listen!

~~~~~~~~~~

When we got there, I was left sitting in the stupid ass waiting room. Of course, the throwing up stopped for some mysterious reason, but I still brought my water bottle with me. "Bryan, how long is these niggas finna tak—" I complained before getting cut off.

"Patience, mamas. Trust me, I don't want to be here just as much as you do." He said, not taking his eyes off of the clipboard that he's filling out. After he gave in the clipboard about 10 minutes ago, they gave him another one, so that's basically what he's filling out.

"Nigga, if you don't want to be here, then leave! I don't need—"

"Sorry, mamas, just calm down, ight?" He apologized before looking down at me and giving me a small smile. I sighed and crossed my arms before turning away from him.

About 20 minutes later, the people called me. I got up and followed the doctor, along with Bryan trailing behind. I took a quick peek at my doctor. She's new, I can tell. She looks like she's in her early 30s, and she's wearing really comforting scrubs of pictures of mittens and yarn. How nice...Also let me add the fact that those scrubs is making that ass P.O.P O.U.T! Like, I almost crash into those shits 5 times--trying to follow her into the room--that I just gave up completely and started to keep my distance a bit more. When I looked at Bryan, he wasn't looking at her butt, even when I motioned with my eyes what I wanted him to see. Plus, when she first called us, she has these big black glasses that made her look real good, and her lips were plump. I think her eyes are a light shade of brown, almost being hazel. Also, she has my shade in complexion, and I got a rare complexion. Mama looks good, that's all I gotta say!

"Alright, just sit on the bed and I'll be back very shortly." She advised before looking from me to Bryan, then back to me before exiting the room. I sighed and said, "Damn, she got that fatty!" Bryan shot me a glare making me cover my mouth and say, "Sorry. She's really pretty is what I meant to say." He nodded before taking a seat. I know how much he doesn't want to be here and at the same time he's not really saying much. Is he ignoring me? Damn, that gave me goosebumps just thinking about it.