Chapter 26

Jolene's P.o.v

Bryan text me that they got a babysitter—for Hayvan—who comes to the house and leaves once Keisha or Bryan comes. I'm just glad that Keisha could continue school without worrying about Hayvan because I want her to keep her mind off of things for now and on her books.

I stared at Oliver who was just lying on the bed and staring at the ceiling blankly. Ever since the Bryan incident, he's been like this.

"O-oliver?" I asked, causing him to look my way slightly.

"Y-you hungry?" I asked, shakily, still scared of him even though he's possibly not going to be doing anything to me anytime soon. He shook his head no before wincing in pain. "Fuck." He whispered before asking, "Could you get me my Tylenol pills, babe? My head is killing me." I nodded and retrieved it for him before handing it to him along with some water.

"At least someone loves me." He mumbled after taking his pills and staring at me with a smile, but it wasn't like his other smiles. It was more sincere and more of a smile and not a smirk. Is he faking it again like he did before when I lived with Keisha or does he really mean it? He probably really means it, but he already made that clear when he threatened me and said that he would kill me if I ever left him. He's abusive and he changed Keisha's life—completely—in a bad, so I will never love him back.

Keisha's P.o.v

When I got home, Casidy was playing with Hayvan and Hayvan looked like she was having a really good time. Damn, my girl Casidy still making mama's day.

"Hey my two favorite girls!" I greeted while entering the room. Hayvan's smile quickly faded completely. Damn, speak of dislike.

"We are all good here!" Casidy said, still playing with Hayvan, but Hayvan's eyes were affixed on me. Wait, Hayvan is doing this because every time she sees me, she expects something bad to happen.

"I love you, Hayvan." I tell her as I kiss her forehead, causing her to smile. There we go.

Jolene's P.o.v

I miss my niece so much even though I just found out about her a few months ago and haven't seen her since then for security purposes. I refuse to let Oliver see or know about her!

I sat down next to him while watching him sleeping peacefully. Though when he's awake, he's basically the devil!

I took the chance to look at my stomach which wasn't big at all, just a small bump. I'm not looking forward to giving birth to this thing or keeping it in this type of roof with Oliver.

A tear escaped from my eyes as I stared absentmindedly at my stomach before shaking with tears running down my face. I hate Oliver so much for involving me in this when he did enough of damage to Keisha.

"What happened, babe?" I heard Oliver say, causing me to quickly look at him at my side. I didn't even realize that he woke up.

"N-nothing. I'm just m-m-moody." I said through my cracky voice from my tears. He looked at me with worry that he never looked at me with. He touched my arm, causing disgust goosebumps to form before he said in a soft voice, "Don't worry. You, the baby and I will all get through it. I promise." He softly pecked my lips softly before pulling away and turning around in the bed to sleep. I had my eyes glued to him as if he was a distant alien.

Did this guy just kiss me and not forcefully? Now that I think about it, he's changed ever since the Bryan situation. Did Bryan's words really stick with him or is this all just an act just to get me under his reach so that he could strike me down again like always?

~~~~~~~~~~~

A/n: Hey guys, this is going to be the last chapter for today until tomorrow or even Tuesday because things are hectic with school right around the corner. I hope that the long chapter before this was enough to make up for the short chapter that I had to give you guys. Nevertheless:

Vote👑
Comment🤔
Follow👟
Share💫
Drink lots of water😉
Exercise, it helps you live longer😎
Do what you love not what you hate🌈
Love yourself like no one can👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩👨‍❤️‍💋‍👨
Yes the emojis are represent mirrors 😂
And stay tuned💪💟☕️