Prologue

"A wise girl kisses but doesn't love, listens but doesn't believe, and leaves before she is left."

— Marilyn Monroe

That's the quote that I've been believing since I started middle school. I came from a broken family. Well, it wasn't originally a broken family. We were happy. We used to bond a lot. My parents are very sweet with each other. They are what you'll call a perfect couple.

But now, everything is gone. And it's all because of me. It's my fault. I found out that my father has another woman so I told my mom. I didn't know that they made a promise that once my dad have a woman my mom would file a divorce. Funny, huh? Every misery in my life is of my own doing.

Anyway, I have a younger brother. He wants to stay with mom so I let him. I said that I want to stay with Dad anyways but I really wanted to stay with Mom. But that would mean that he'll need to stay with dad, something he didn't want to do so I gave way. I love him eventhough I didn't show it. I just don't want to show my soft side. My emotions are mine alone.

I'm currently living with my Dad. I used to be a daddy's girl but now I don't even want to see him. He destroyed all of my dreams. I used to believe in love. That the day will come that I will find someone that will love me like Dad loves Mom. But because of what he did, he ruined everything. Well, that's life. I learned that I can stand on my own without needing anybody.

Wait, I didn't tell you my name right? I'm Niesha Gonzalez. 17 years of age. Currently studying at LREI. It may sound familiar. It's a private school in Manhattan. So there. Like you care. So here is where my story begins.