Chapter 28

I was looking at myself in the mirror. Today’s Aisha’s wedding. So… yeah. I’m invited, Ellard’s invited, Adela’s invited and she’s towing Jason. What a girl. I finally went out and sat on the sofa. I need to wait for the others.

The wedding would be held at Central Park, you know, the Bethesda Terrace where there’s a fountain that’s called Angel of the Waters. I don’t know what’s with that couple. They have a huge fascination with angels. They even named their children after the angels. Not the names Caleb and Zasha but their middle names.

Ellard appeared in front of me and I looked at him from head to toe. He’s really breath taking and not a dickhead. I’m surprise that someone’s that perfect.

“Where’s Adela?” I asked him as he sat beside me.

“Flirting.” He said, his irritation clear in his voice.

“Someone’s in a bad mood.” I chuckled.

“I’m his brother.” He muttered and slumped back in the love seat.

“Hey, bro. Niesha.” Adela hollered and we both looked up her. “We’ll just catch up with you.”

“What catch up?” Ellard suddenly stood up.

“You go first and we will follow you?” Adela said it as a question that made me smile.

“What…”

I stood up and touched his arm. “Mister, we need to go. She said they’ll just catch up so let’s go now, shall we?” He looked perplexed but still obeys me. I winked at Adela and she giggled. “Tell him if he hurt you, I’ll kill him before Ellard do.” I whispered. She bobbed her head.

I’m sitting at Ellard’s car when he looked at me. “You’re spoiling her.” He frowned.

“She’s just a child.” I shrugged.

“But she’s been through enough already.”

“I know, Ellard. I know.” We remained silent as he drive towards Central Park.

Many people attended. Well, the couple’s famous. There are also famous people attending this event. The media’s are doing so many preparations. I think this wedding will be seen in the New York One, Fox News, CNN, Entertainment Tonight – you name it. They are the crowd’s favourite couple. So yeah. This doesn’t surprise me anymore.

“Niesha,” I know that voice. I turned and saw Tamara. A blonde and green eyed woman. Zareb’s adopted sister.

“Hey.” I smiled at her. Her eyes widened. Then she looked beside me, she’s looking at Ellard. “Ummm… This is Ellard. Ellard, this is Tamara, Zareb’s sister.” I introduced them.

“Nice meeting you.” Ellard offered his hand and she shakes it.

“Nice to meet you too. Niesha, Alyn’s looking for you.” She winked at me then looked at Ellard again then left.

“Who’s Alyn?” He looked perplexed beside me.

“Aisha. That’s her first name.” I looked around the crowd and search for her. I almost dragged Ellard when I spotted her.

“Niesha,” She sighed in relief. “I’m nervous.”

I took hold of her hand and it’s so cold. “Why would you be nervous? This is your day.”

“What if I made a mistake?”

“Zareb loves you.” I winked at her.

“I know but…”

“Looks like my bride can’t calm down.” I heard Zareb chuckle behind me.

“Sorry, sis. Your groom needs to calm you down.” Tamara said. She smiled gratefully at Tamara as Zareb strolled towards her. I sat in one of the chairs across from hers. Zareb took hold of her hand and draw circles. I saw her tense up shoulders immediately relax. He does have this kind of effect on her.