Chapter 36

“You…” He started. Oh, God. This is not a good thing. He took a deep breath. “You need to go home.”

“W-What?” What eyes widened in reaction. “What do you mean home? I am home.” I said indignantly.

“You need to go with me.” He said in a calm voice.

I bit my lips and tried to calm myself. It isn’t working. What is he talking about?  I was about to run away when Ellard stood up and held me close to him, I immediately calm down. I looked at my Dad who was staring at us disapprovingly. “Why would I go with you?” I said in a cold voice.

“Let’s just talk.” He said in a weary voice.

I just stared at him. Heck, talk to him? Just when things are getting better, he’ll appear out of the blue and act as if he’s a good father? Oh, please. As if something like that can fool me.

“Can’t you just leave?” I said in an irritated but resigned tone.

He didn’t budge. He strolled towards us and sat on the recliner across the loveseat. Ellard tugged at my hand and made me sat on the couch.

“Who are you?” He looked at Ellard.

“I’m Ellard Sanders, sir.” He said in a respectful tone.

“And you are my daughter’s…?” I glared at him. I never felt like I’m his daughter anyway.

“I’m her boyfriend.” His grip on my hand tightened.

“You told me…” He looked at me.

“What is your real motive, Mr. Gonzalez?” I narrowed my eyes at him.

“I’m taking you home.” He shrugged like it’s not a big deal.

“The heck it’s not a big deal!” I cried. “After all this months… you never tried to have any communication with me. You are such a poor excuse of a father.” I scoffed.

“Why are you acting like this?” He narrowed his eyes at me then looked at Ellard. “I believe you can go now.”

I gripped his hand. “This is not your house to tell him what to do.” I glared at him.

“And you are acting like this just for a boy?” He mocked me.

“What is it to you? At least, he is more of a man than you are.” I said with contempt.

“What’s it to me? You are my daughter, of course!” He said matter-of-factly.

“I’m your daughter?” I scoffed and stood up, Ellard pulled me down.

“Sir, I believe you need to go. She’s getting all riled up.” He looked at me worriedly.

“This is my daughter and everything is fine.” My Dad looked at him in disgust.

“I’m her boyfriend and I believe that this conversation will have a huge effect on how she’ll view you as a father and judging from the way that things are going… she’s close to claiming that she never wants to see you again.” He said in a calm voice.

He scoffed. “You think you know her? Just who are you? You’re right. She’s your girlfriend and yet, do you even know everything about her?” He raised his eyebrows.

“He knows me more than you.” I narrowed my eyes at him.

What did you just say?” He stood up and glared at me.

“Oh, please.” I laughed bitterly. “Stop acting like you’re an ideal father. You never know me. You don’t even know a thing about me. For so many years you never greeted me even if it’s my birthday. It makes me wonder, are you even aware that it’s my birthday?” I scoffed.