Chapter 39

“Come on.” He held my hand and dragged me away.

“What do you think you’re doing?” I tried to remove his hand but he wouldn’t let me go.

“I’m just going to show you something and… I have a lot of things to tell you.” He pushed me towards his car and made me sat inside then he went to the driver’s seat.

“Then show me now.” Heck, I’m scared to be alone with me. I don’t know what I’ll do.

“It’s in Pittsburgh.” He shrugged.

“Are you fucking kidding me?” I yelled.

“I’m not. That’s why we’ll go there now. We need to be there before 7.” He mumbled as he started driving.

“What the fvck is that thing that you’re going to show me anyway?” I grumbled as I put on my seatbelt then crossed my arms over my chest.

“So impatient.” He sighed dramatically. “Just wait and see.”

“Great.” I said sarcastically. Can I make up some excuse? It’s almost a six hour and a half drive and we’ll be there by like... 7? Its night and we can’t just waltz our way back, can we? It is possible that we are going to stay there for the night and...  sue me if not’s not so freaking awkward. Hello! Ex-lovers turned siblings. Oh, add my mind and eyes that is lusting over him. Great. So friggin’ great.

“Just... give me this time, okay? After this we’ll be back to what we agreed upon.” He said seriously.

“What is this thing for?” I said in irritation.

“I’ve been planning to do this for months and now is the only time to do that.” He smiled slightly.

“Yeah, right.” I snorted. Well, I guess just one time won’t hurt.

“Hey,” Ellard tapped my cheeks and I immediately looked away. Why the hell did I fell asleep?

“I... uhhh... sorry.” I went out of my car and looked around. I saw a very tall building in front of me. “What is this place?” I looked at him suspiciously.

“It’s not hotel. Why would I bring my own sister to a hotel?” He raised both of his hand.

“Right. I am your sister.” I said in a mocking tone as I rolled my eyes at him.

He just shook his head at me then dragged me towards a very tall building. He went straight to the elevator and pushed the button for the 64th floor. “I’m not comfortable with this sibling’s thing so can we forget about it for now?” He said quietly.

“Neither am I.” I agreed.

“Bear with me this time, okay?” He held my hand and squeezed it.

“I’ll try.” I looked at our entwined hands. It looked as if nothing’s wrong. Like I’ll wake up again and realize that all of those shits are just nightmares. Well, I really wish they were.

We remained quiet for the whole time. What can we talk about? That... we used to be together and we still love each other? Define awkward.

“At last.” He looked at his watch then dragged me towards a corner then another corner then towards the stairs. He opened the door and it led us to the rooftop. The sun is still shining even if it’s already 7 in the evening.

“What with this place?” I looked at him questioningly.

“Just wait. Here.” He handed me some kind of glass. “Wear that.” Then he dragged me towards the edge.

I did as he said then look at the sun. The glasses he gave me protect my eyes from the sun. I just know because I don’t need to squint because of the sun’s brightness.