Chapter 37

It feels like a long time has passed since my dad said that to the both of us. Before he left, he told me that he’ll give me a week to fix everything. Hell, a week? Is that really enough? I don’t even know if a decade is enough.

Both me and Ellard just sat and stares at nothing. Shit. I’m scared to be near him and yet I need him to comfort me. To tell me that it’s not real but… fvck, I just don’t know what to do anymore. I heard the front door open but I don’t have enough strength to even look at it.

“Uhhh… are you too in a fight or something?” Adela stood in front of me.

I looked up at her and before I know it, I started sobbing.

“Oh, God.” She squatted down and looked worriedly at me then glared at him. “What did you just do, Ellard?” She shouted.

I can’t speak. I can’t tell her that it’s not his fault. That he didn’t do anything. I just can’t do it. I looked at Ellard and he still looked as miserable as I am.

She looked at Ellard’s face then she looks kind of confuse. “What happened to the two of you?”

I looked helplessly at Ellard but he’s still out of it. He’s just as helpless as me. I shook my head, stood up then hurriedly went out of the building and drove towards Aisha. Heck, I need her. I just don’t know what to do anymore.

“They’re not here.” One of their maids told me. I just stood up in front of her like I’m unable to move.

“W-What? Where did they go?” I held on to the door frame because my knees are about to give up.

“Bridgehampton.” My eyes widened automatically. Hell, that’s too far from here! “I can ask our driver to drive you there.” She looked worriedly at me.

“N-no, I’ll be fine. Where in Hampton?” I sighed in frustration.

“612 Halsey Lane, Bridgehampton.” I nodded at her then hurriedly went back in my car. I don’t care about the freaking fine if I exceed the speed limit.

“They’re asleep.” Their maid told me.

“B-But…” I stuttered then trailed off. Panic started to seep in on my composure.

She looked at me worriedly. “Come inside please.” She ushered me then hurriedly went upstairs.

I hugged my knees tight and rocked my body back and forth, sobbing. I’m a total wrecked. I love him so much that this freaking ordeal hurts me more than I imagined possible. What can I do? Can I love my own brother? Hell, who cares about the freaking law? But… are we willing to take the risk? Can we? I began sobbing uncontrollably.

“Oh, God. What happened to you?” A worried Aisha ran towards me with a grumbling Zareb trailing behind her, he immediately turned serious when he notice how fvcked up I look. She sat beside me and embraced me.

“Are you okay?” Zareb said in a wary tone of voice.

“It’s obvious that she’s not.” She glared at Zareb.

“I’m just asking.” He shrugged.

I continued rocking and crying my heart out. I don’t have enough strength to tell them what happened. Not yet. I’ll tell it to them eventually. Maybe, they’ll find a way, right? They’ve been through enough.

“He’s my brother.” I croaked.

“He’s what?” Zareb blurted out while Aisha’s lips formed a really large ‘O’.

“He’s my brother.” I bit my lips to stop myself from crying. Again.

“You’re kidding, right?” She looked at me in a you’re-kidding-right way.