Chapter 10

I didn’t go to school that following week. I can’t face him. Not yet anyway. I need to rebuild my wall. I need to put things back the way they used to be. Every single day Ellard will come here asking if they have any news about me, I told them that if Ellard comes, tell him I’m not here. I don’t want to go back to my penthouse this week. I’m staying at Aisha’s until I became the old me again. It’s hard to do that if I return to the penthouse.

After that week, I went back to school. I was picking things up in my locker when someone hugged me from behind. “I’m so worried about you. You just left. I thought…” I jammed my elbow on his stomach. He suddenly let me go and rub his stomach. “What was that for?” He asked.

“For hugging me, asshat.” I hissed at him. I turned and grabbed my thing from my locker and slam the door shut. I quickly walk away from him but he’s a whole lot faster. He grabbed my shoulder and made me face him.

“Look, I love spending the night with you. It’s the best night in my entire life. I want it to happen again.”

“Then grab someone else and then you can do that again.” I shrugged but there are some knots in my stomach.

“Niesha, I want it to be you. Just you. Not anyone else.” He sighed.

“Listen, I don’t know what you’re talking about so can you leave me alone permanently?” I said through gritted teeth.

“Niesha, I…”

“No, Ellard. Stop now, will you? You won’t achieve anything by doing all of this.”

“It will be the greatest achievement if I got you.” He said in a quiet voice.

“You sound so sappy. Gross, dude.” I shook my head. “You know what? You should stop this. All of this. It’s not worth it, Ellard. It will be… wasted. Thanks for the effort, anyway.” I walk away then and there.

“I won’t stop. I can’t stop. Always remember that.” He shouted and every head in the hallway turn to look at me. He’s too stubborn for his own sake.

During lunch, I went to my locker to dispatch my bag but Ellard is leaning on it. How can I make him move without talking to him? His determination won’t even budge. “Move.” I hissed. He move but didn’t left. I can see him finding something in his bag.

“Here.” He handed me a box of chocolate and tulips. 3 tulips. What the heck? I rolled my eyes at him and walked away. I don’t want to stamp it or throw it so I just left.

When I got to the cafeteria, Adela ran towards me and hugged me tight. “What happened to you?” She asked worriedly.

“I just need to take care of… stuff.” I muttered, unable to tell her the whole truth. It’s too complicated. And I’m sure; she’ll want me to do the other way. Put aside my shield and be with Ellard. It’s like a suicide. I can’t take more. I’m already at my wits end.

“Niesha!” Okaay. I looked at the entrance of the cafeteria and saw Ellard standing there and looking directly at me. What does he want? He went to me and half dragged me outside.

“What do you want?” I demanded.

“Do you regret what happened between us?” He looks so vulnerable.

“What are you talking about? There are no us.” I shook my head.

“The night last week. At your penthouse.”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Yeah, right. Play innocent.

“What am I going to do to you?” He sighed.

“Leave me alone and that’s that.”

“I just can’t.”

“Oooh, what a lie.” I mumbled.

“Do you doubt me?”

“Yes.” I answered bluntly. It’s the truth.

“Why?”

“Because you’re too good to be true.” I shrugged.

“What do I need to do to make you believe that I’m true?”

“Nothing.”

“But you believe in Zareb.”

“You and him are different. Way different.”

“He’s still a guy.”

“So are you.”

“See? We’re the same.”

“Not in that way Ellard.” I glared at him.

“How come you trust him and not me?”

“That’s the way it’s supposed to be.” I whispered.

“No, it’s not. We can be together. I mean it. I won’t leave you. Never. Do you understand me?”

“Why are you so stubborn?” I yelled at him.

“Because I believe in us.”

“I already said it before. There’s no us.” I hissed

“There will be.”

“Why me?” I demanded.

“Because in this world of lies, you’re the only truth I know.” He said in a quiet voice. It made me stop. What the heck is that damn line that he uses? Because in this world of lies, you’re the only truth I know. What the fuck does that mean?

“What does that supposed to mean?” I raise my eyebrow at him.

“You’re the only one that I want. I don’t want anybody else.”

“You’re not really going to stop, are you?” I sighed.

“No.”

“You’re sure about this?”

“Yes.”

“What if I made you chase me?”

“I’d be more than willing.” He grinned.

“What if I made you look like a fool in front of everyone?”

“I don’t care.” He shrugged.

“What if it doesn’t work?”

“At least, I still give it a try.”

“You’re really sure about this?”

“Yes, I’m sure.” This is it. I need to do something to make him stop.

“Then…” I move towards him and put my mouth near his ear. “Be ready to face hell.” I whispered sweetly. I shove him then smiled evilly and went back inside the cafeteria.