B3CH11 - The Day of Black Sun #2 The Eclipse

I know it is Katara in the media but think her as Yoko :)

The group was sitting together in a circle. Aang rubbed his fingers along the ground idly "It's over. The Fire Lord is probably long-gone; far away on some remote island where he'll be safe during the eclipse." he said. They had made it to the palace but it was empty. But I wanted to kick some royal asses so badly.

"No." Sokka said, thoughtfully "My instincts tell me he wouldn't go too far. He would have a secret bunker; somewhere he could go and be safe during the siege but still be close enough to lead his nation."

"If it's an underground secret bunker we're looking for," Toph said as she pointed to herself and Yoko "We're just the girls to find it."

Sokka pulled out the mechanism "The mechanist gave me this timing device. It looks like we've got about ten minutes until the full eclipse. Ten minutes to find the Fire Lord."

"We can still do this. We can still win the day." Aang said.

"Wait! If they knew we were coming it could all be a trap." Katara said worriedly as she looked at the others "Maybe we should use the time we have left to make sure we all get out of here safely."

"Everyone who's here today came prepared to risk everything for this mission. They know what's at stake. If there's still a chance and there's still hope. I think they would want Aang to go for it." Hakoda; Katara and Sokka's father said.

Yoko asked to Aang "What do you think? You're the one that has to face the Fire Lord. Whatever you decide, I'm with you."

"I've gotta try it." Aang said.

***

Aang, Toph, Sokka and Yoko were flying on Appa to the Caldera Volcano in the Fire Nation. Appa landed on the side as the others jumped off "Do you girls feel anything down there?" Aang asked.

Toph placed her hand on the ground to feel vibrations as Yoko touched the ground with her feet "Yeah," Yoko said "There are natural tunnels criss-crossing through the inside of the volcano."

"Anything else?" Sokka asked "Is there a structure somewhere?"

Yoko smiled sadly "Sorry, that's all I can feel. I'm new to this stuff, after all." she said and turned to Toph "What about you, Green Eyes?"

She was digging her fingers into the surface "There is something big, dense and made of metal deep in the heart of volcano." she said.

"Sounds like a secret bunker to me." Sokka said. Yoko and Toph earthbended a hole in the volcano, blowing up a cloud of dust. Sokka followed the earthbender girls into the tunnel.

"Stay safe. We'll be back soon." Aang said to Appa and Momo, then entered the tunnel into a dark cavern, with Toph leaning over and surveying the area using seismic sense.

"This way!" she said, pointing "That one's a dead end!"

"What would we do without you?" Sokka said as he followed Toph. Yoko laughed. Soon, they were walking past magma channels.

"Perish in burning hot magma." Toph said. Yoko laughed, again.

Sokka talked as he observed the magma channels "Yeah, pretty much."

They arrived at a chamber where magma erupted from several spouts in the ground "The tunnel continues on the other side and it leads right to the bunker." Toph said.

"We'll have to be fast but careful." Sokka said. He began walking past only for a geyser of magma to erupt, nearly striking him. Aang used airbending to cool and solidify the gush.