Cold

Chapter 19- Cold

§

Freezing over coldness was nothing. Freezing over words was... something that you would never want to go through. And, obviously, Johannes knew that.

Young boy tried to get over what the man said but found out he couldn't, because he knew that was the truth.

But that didn't mean he couldn't live without Batman nor The Team. Dick could find a job to earn money while taking his education very well. At the same time, he could still be the hero he needed to be. After all, Dick Grayson, Robin was trained to survive too. In case, if something happens about the secret ID thing, Bruce taught him how to live by himself too.

Still, Dick knew he was a disappointment for Bruce. But he could use the techniques he learned.

Okay, Grayson. First; you have to escape. He thought. Looking around him, trying to find something to cut the ropes.

Result: Nothing.

He took a deep breath and then held it there for fifteen seconds to calm himself down. Then, let it out. Darkness was covering every inch of the room. So, that was almost impossible to find something. Well, at least he tried.

But then, an idea got into his brain. He remembered what he thought just before Johannes came to the room. Jump high and break the chair with such a force into the ground. It could work if he do this right.

Dick grab the edges chair's arms and stood on his toes while getting himself ready to jump. He counted down from three to one. Took a deep breath and jumped up and fell to the ground when old chair broke into pieces. Young hero got out of the already opened ropes easily and hoped it didn't cause a lot of sound.

He walked towards the door and waited until one of gang members comes to give him water. Soon, a man came into the room to earn a strong punch to the back of his head.

Dick ran out of room silently, trying to find a door which gets him to his freedom. He heard a few men yell his name behind him but didn't look back, just ran. If he did, it could slow him down or he could just meet with a wall and knock himself out accidently. The area was too dark. Any light after any door could be the way to outside.

And Dick found the door. Immediately, he opened it and looked around. No one was around to his luck. It was a little weird and worrying that there was no one at the outside to prevent The Boy Wonder from escaping. Maybe there was a plan they made but this was not the time to think. If he waits any longer, the man called Deathstroke could come and get him. Dick didn't want it, of course. So, he ran into the woods.

It was sunny outside but a little dark. It was probably going to be evening soon. The woods were dangerous he had to run faster.

§

It had been two days since Dick ran away and Conner learned his true ID. He didn't tell the team that Robin was Richard Grayson which Dick would be glad when they find him.

The problem was, they couldn't find him. Actually, they didn't find any clues nor hints, too. That was Robin, they were talking about. He is the Dark Knight's partner with crazy-scary-cackle.

They searched the whole city limits except forest. Woods were too dangerous as they heard. Finally, they thought it was the best to contact Batman and Justice League.

And another problem, the connect was not there. No respond from the league. They tried to contact Batman himself, either. Still no response. Whole mission would turn into a trash and they would have to go back to America if they couldn't find Robin soon.

So, they went to the last place they didn't search: The woods. Running, walking, yelling his name, going into deeper sides of the forest... they had no clue about Robin.

Until, they heard a small whine. It was unhearable* but Superboy heard it. Thanks to super hearing power.

"This way! I heard something!"

Team went towards the way Conner lead them to. After a few minutes of walking fast, they found a person hiding under the woods. M'gann kneeled down to see the person better. "Robin, is that you?"

Person looked up from where he was hiding. Yes, it was Robin. He looked at the team with a surprised look. "Wha-?!"

The boy was interrupted by Superboy "Listen, I am really sorry. I know I am the reason you ran away. But for this mission, just for once, can you forget and come with us?" Artemis smirked "Looks like the big boy missed the little bird." And she earned a few snickers and a death-glare from Superboy and Robin.

"I... forgive you if you help me to get out of here." There we go, Dick wasn't the type of the people who are always unforgiving. He was smart, friendly. Also broken but tried not to show it. Right now wasn't the time for staying away from the team. He needed them. God, a man was trying to buy him to train him. He wanted to be with the team.

"Alright." Superboy got him out of the woods but almost threw him back into the ground when he heard Kaldur gasp.

Robin was bleeding from his leg. There was a small bench in his left leg. So much blood even Robin himself didn't realize it. Probably because it went numb.

"You are lucky we came here to find you." Kaldur said. He kneeled to the smaller boy's height. Looked at the leg and touched it a little. "Is it why you yelped?" Conner asked.

Robin nodded. "Guys, can you ask questions later and get us out of here first. They will find us!" The team looked at him with confused faces. "Who will find us?"

"Long story, short explaining: Johannes caught me." Wally's face turned into anger and worry from confuse.

"Did he do anything to you? Did he hurt you in any way? Did he try to kill you?!-"

Robin cut him. "I am... fine, I think. But I escaped now let's go!" M'gann asked about his leg but Robin told her they had to go now.

Then, they left the woods and walked towards to the hotel fast. Conner carried Robin, obviously ignored that Dick told him that he was alright. Wally walked with his team. Didn't use his super speed.

No one knew Robin hid the real truth about Deathstroke. He maybe escaped. But if this man wanted him and would pay millions for him, Robin was pretty sure that wasn't the last moment he saw Johannes face-to-face.

He was in serious danger and he knew it. But Dick being himself, wasn't going to tell anyone about it.

§

Okay guys, I am sorry I couldn't update sooner. But I am pretty sure It was long. Don't worry. Bruce will make some stupid mistakes that he will regret. I have evil ideas...

*about unhearable word: I am not sure if there is a word like that. If there is not, sorry I have a bad English.

And about the move Dick did to break the chair, I tried to explain what Black Widow did in one of Avengers Movie, I think. I don't remember it clearly.

I can have a lot of mistake. I wrote it at hospital. So, hope you guys liked it!

PS: last 4 days for Suicide Squad in here!!!! Super excited to see Harley, Joker and Katana there!!!