Hometown

«CHAPTER 21- HOMETOWN»

The wind became the only friend of Richard for the entire flight. He was angry, but relieved too. He knew Bruce was furious with him because the hotel workers knew he was he.

Famous Wayne Hotels's owners' ward.

Young boy looked up to in front of him to see the Bruce's pilot. "Are we there yet, Mr. Pilot?" Dick asked with an innocent look. Pilot gave him a tired look saying 'please shut up for a minute' if he had the guts, he would say it out loud, let the boy hear. But one single mistake and his work wouldn't be his anymore. He stayed silent.

Richard narrowed his eyes. "Why don't you answer me?" He stood up from his seat and walked next to the pilot carefuly. Pilot immediately looked up at young boy.

"Sir, sit down!" He waited for the boy to sit down again. When Dick didn't listen him, he yelled at him. "Mr. Grayson! You will fall!"

Dick was, now, next to him. "Nah, I won't. I walked by worse places. A helicopter is nothing." He paused then narrowed his eyes. "You yelled at me, Mr. Pilot. Also, you didn't answer me, too."

Pilot's eyes widened. "But, sir, You asked that question for fifty times. And I yelled at you because I was afraid you would fall and bump your head." Meanwhile he opened the landing equipment. Gotham City was pretty close. Wayne Tower was in the middle of the city. They were going to land on the roof of the tower. Dick knew it pretty well. He just asked questions because he was bored.

"No, Mr. Pilot. You are afraid that if I bump my head, you will lose your job." Pilot opened his mouth to argue but Dick didn't let him. He sighed. "Don't worry, I was just messing with you. I am bored." Pilot gave a breath out. This kid was impossible. Really, really impossible.

"You liked Rio, sir? Brazil is my hometown." Dick smiled widely.

"Rio is amazing. I'll miss being there." Pilot chuckled. "Then, why did you leave, sir? I thought there was no money problems." Dick shrugged.

"Bruce called me back to Gotham. I had a little accident that's why my leg is wrapped up like a Christmas gift." Pilot nodded his head to let Dick know he heard him.

"Now, Mr. Grayson, get back to your seat carefully. We are almost in Gotham."

Dick sighed. "Damn, Gotham. I missed you. At least you have no Johannes living in you." He relaxed his muscles and let his eyes close themselves slowly. Soon, Gotham's high building were there to be seen.

°

As soon as he saw Bruce coming towards him, Dick felt anxious. He expected Bruce to yell at him and tell him he was a failure when they got home.

But Bruce's warm and tight hug destroyed those thoughts and his anxiousness. "Are you alright?" Bruce asked, concern in his voice.

Dick nodded and moved his face into deeper of Bruce's neck. "Why would you ask?"

Bruce pulled himself back but didn't lower his hands from young boys' shoulders. "You had been injured and before that, you ran away. What happened? I thought you and your team would get along and act like a team for this important mission." He said, his eyebrows raised, eyes full of worry and a little disappointment.

Dick shook his head and frowned while looking to the ground. "I really don't want to talk about that, Bruce. Maybe later?" He asked.

Bruce hesitated at first but then nodded. "When you are ready. But don't be too late." He stopped and lead Dick towards the elevator. "But for now, let's go home. Shall we?"

After Clark called the hotel and told the receptionist that he wanted to talk with other teens, he told them they need to get back. Not long after that, team left Rio, either.

°

This was a short chapter because I am still in recovery and I will put everything into a line. The other chapter will be two months after that. Because I am planning on making Bruce break one more tiny promise and then I will end this book. Probably a few more chapters. This school year is so important for me, I need to pass the exams with amazing scores so I can go to my dream high school.

However, I am going for a vacation with my family before school starts at September 19th. Cyprus. So, I won't update for another week, maybe?

Buh-bye!