Goodbye

Chapter 24- Goodbye

Gotham's cold, wet and dark air was, now, colder and darker. Rain stopped an hour ago. It was 2 AM and Dick couldn't sleep.

His raven hair clouded over his blue eyes. Tears were dry and his eye area was red from crying. He didn't make any sound while he tried to sleep. Unsuccessful, he gave up and thought about what did make his life turn into this mess. But the only thing in his mind was running away. He planned to run away from all of the troubles and painful memorises. He was tired. Tired of his friends and his, only family, adoptive father's stupid lies. Young hero wanted to get away from this mess.

He wanted to be himself. Not the person who wore the mask.

Dick Grayson was this person. Robin was him. The real him.

Dick wanted- No! Robin wanted to become a hero, a serious one. However, he always had Batman as his idol, not Bruce Wayne.

But where would he go to?

Then he remembered a city. The city was dangerous and full of villains. Maybe not as dangerous as Gotham but it would be okay for now. He could go solo here until he became a better fighter. Then, he would go to a more dangerous city and become his own character.

Robin threw his blankets off of him and ran to his closet. He grabbed his important things and tucked them inside of a backpack. He grabbed a paper and a pencil and wrote only a word before leaving the paper on the desk : 'Goodbye'

He knew he didn't need to write an explanation about where he would go to. Bruce would learn it from news. Robin had no problem with the older man knowing where he was.

Robin also didn't write why he was leaving because he wanted Bruce to realize what he had done by himself. If Robin wrote what he did, Bruce would feel more guilty. So, young hero didn't write anything more than a word.

He slowly opened his door and after making sure it was safe to move out of the room, he went to the BatCave. He took his Robin costume and carefully, put them into a sport bag which he got before walking downstairs. He tucked some of his electronical devices with him, too. And of course, his belt. Robin walked back out of the cave to get out of the manor. He opened the big doors and stepped out before closing the doors again. Young boy was about to ran off the city when he remembered something.

His Robin Bike.

It was at the Mount Justice. Robin went to the nearest Zeta Beams and went to get his bike and leave for the place he would go to.

M'gann was probably sleeping and Conner was in hid bed, resting too. Robin didn't care if they heard him coming, because even if they saw him, they couldn't stop him.

He drive out of Happy Harbour and smiled to himself. Robin was free now. There was no holding back because of his stupid identity. No Dick Grayson. Just Robin.

Betrayed, hurt, sad, furious, mad... He was going to become crazy if he stayed in Gotham a little more. If Bruce or the team would break another promise...

Well, it would be the last streak for Robin.

He didn't want to know Bruce's expression when he saw Robin in another city. Alfred was probably going to get angry at Dynamic Duo.

But, there was no more Dynamic Duo. Happiness took over him, away from a physocopath who wanted to but him as his apprentice or something, his strict and always dark mentor, his playboy and weird adoptive father... and also Wally. Kid Flash...

The only thing made him sad was leaving hid best friend but if Wally wanted, he could always visit him.

He smiled once more as two hours passed by and he saw a big label, writing on it: 'Welcome To Jump City!'

Tomorrow, his new life was beginning. Only Robin life for a long time. Trained by the best, Robin was pretty sure he would become the best of the best if he worked hard and be serious with his job.

ω

Bruce narrowed his eyes at the one word letter. After realizing what the young boy meant, the man felt guilty and sadness coming over his mind. Actually, no word could explain how he felt. He walked down the stairs and told everything to Alfred. His talk was interrupted when a news reporter said Robin's name. Either of the men walked to the living room and looked closely at TV screen. Reporter asked with cheerful voice "Robin: Jump City's new protector?"

Bruce grinned and turned to his old family friend. "Maybe, he needs time?"

The butler frowned at the man but when he turned around, Alfred smiled, too. The boy really needed time. They could always be there for him. "Indeed, sir."

The End.

I will explain everything: Johannes was arrested. Deathstroke becomes Slade and doesn't let Robin know he is still behind him. Robin still sees Bruce as his father but he is tired. He goes solo at first but then, Teen Titans appears!

I am really sorry this had to end this way... In my imagination it was really different but explaining what happened in words of English is really hard since I am learning Romanian, German, Russian and Spanish right now, too. It really messes my head.

I had to cut it quick and end it there because I have only one week left for my school. My dream high school is one of the best in my country and if I lose the chance of getting into there, my life will be so bad. I don't want to dissapoint my family and especially myself. I really want to write more but this exams are so important. Can you believe it? Only just four days will decide whatever my future is gonna be like...

Writing this fanfiction was the best thing I've ever done in my life. I have more friends and special people I know, now. I am so glad I accidentally figured Wattpad. This changed my life. Trust me when I say this.

I would like to write more things but I can't.

Seriously, I thank you guys so, so much for supporting me into writing this. For every single comment, vote and blah blah... the most important thing you did to me was writing to Me that I am a good author, even though I think I was the worst one yet. I was in depression when I started to write this, now, maybe I can have my destroyed teenage-hood back before it is too late.

Thank you for everything, again.

-Sıla.