Chapter 3

Jamal's POV

I walked back into my father's office. He was backing me,staring through the window.
"That girl is an ice block,just like her father",he said,then turned to face me."I take back my words about looking forward to working with her".
"Yeah,she's not the easy type",I replied.
"But we aren't either, son. I'm an old man. I can't be battling with a little girl but you will. Make sure you watch her every move".
"You know she can't make any major decisions without our consent."
"They have a higher voting power,Jamal".
"But she'd have to convince investors first and considering the fact that she's new,young and female, she'd have a hard time. Besides she can't possibly do anything that will affect us negatively. What we all want is the good of this company,don't we?"
"What I want is to have this place under my family's total control,no matter what it takes. Watch her carefully, no surprises",
"Okay,father"
"You may leave now".

Sophia's POV

My father is insane. The old man didn't want to stop working, yet he wanted me to stay here. Only heaven knew what he was up to. Whatever he was planning, I was ready for him. He had gone to discuss some issues with Mr Alcatraz. Meanwhile I decided to take a tour round the building. I left the office and headed for the elevator.
And met with Aamir Alcatraz. I sighed as he came closer.
"Sophia,where are you headed to?". Wow he was using my first name.
"Nowhere in particular. I just want to get acquainted with the building,sort of a personal tour",I replied.
"Oh,you should have sought my help,I know everywhere here and can show you in less than thirty minutes"
"I believe I made mention of the fact that it was a personal tour",I replied with a sarcastic smile."Besides your brother told me you're too much of a jerk to help me with any thing"
I saw him clench his jaw."Jamal told you that?"
"Yeah,and so far you have proved him right".
To my surprise he smiled cockily."How about I prove him wrong at lunch?"
"I'm sorry I can't. I just arrived and I'm busy..."
"Jerks don't take no for an answer."
"I thought you wanted to prove your brother wrong"
"Yup,at lunch, not here"
I smiled,he was right.
"I'll be waiting outside your office at noon",he said before entering the elevator and ...pressing the close button before I could get in. This guy sure had a lot to prove.

Jamal's POV.

Aamir,Aamir,Aamir. He was indeed a cas terrible. The lady had barely arrived and they were already having lunch together. How the hell did he even convince her?She seemed so formal, professional and stern,totally not the type to fall for Aamir's sweet words.
Stacy and I were currently seated at the far side of the restaurant when they came in. Aamir and I loved this place. It wasn't very far from the company's premises and we always had a lunch here,but not together. I really couldn't stand the guy.
"I heard that's the boss's daughter, well the other boss",Stacy said,after seeing them too.
"Yeah. Sophia De la Fuenté,his only child",I replied, nonchalantly, I hope.
"Hmm,she seems..."
"Weird",I finished.
She chukkled slightly."That wasn't what I was going to say but yeah,there's something strange about her".
I may sound crazy but I found that strangeness of hers strangely attractive.

Sophia's POV.

"Are you seriously going to eat just a salad?",Aamir asked in disbelief as the waiter rushed to get our orders.
"Yeah, I don't like eating heavyweight food in the afternoon."
"So what did you have for breakfast?"
"Err,Soy milk and a cookie",I replied,feeling guilty for some odd reason.
"Which technically means you haven't had any food today".
"I have had enough for me".
"That explains why you're this...",he started with a trace of anger in his voice but stopped when I raised my brows."I'm sorry,you have the right to decide what you eat"
"That's correct,dad",I replied sarcastically. He sighed
"So why have you been in Australia all this while?"
I smiled."I thought your brother told you that question was too personal".
"You heard that?"
"You guys need to work on your definition of whisper"
"That guy is too uptight. I was just making conversation"
"Making conversation is more of something like 'Oh the weather is fine today',dear",I replied.
"So you're not going to reply to my question?",he asked with a wave of disappointment in his eyes.
I remained silent for a while.
"I was running away." I said at length. One couldn't hide their sorrows forever. Strangely instead of asking me what I was running away from, he nodded and said "I wish I could run away too".
"You can if you want to"I replied.
"It's not that simple",he said,shaking his head and I didn't know if it was because of what he had just said or because our food had arrived and he was looking at my chicken salad and red grape juice.
"It is,if you want it to"
"Where'd I go to?"
"Anywhere, everywhere, it's all up to you"
He smiled slightly"That sounds tempting",the smile grew wider,"More tempting than a Brazilian model in bikini"
I shook my head,"What a pervert".
He laughed heartily."I'm not a pervert,I'm a man,a real man"
I scoffed and he laughed even harder.
"You're very interesting, Sophia"
"Coming from you,I don't even know whether I should take that as a compliment or an insult".
"It is a compliment,love"
"Oh,shut up"
We had somehow managed to dodge the touchy subjects and I was grateful for that. We spent the rest of the time laughing together...no,he laughed, while I got pissed most of the time.
I felt pleasantly light when we went back to the office.
"It was nice having lunch with you,Sophia."
"Same here,Mr Alcatraz... Aamir".
He nodded in approval as I used his first name.
"Hope we could do this some other time"
"Sure thing",I replied.
He turned to walk away.
"Aamir",I called
"Yes",he replied, turning.
"You're everything but a jerk.",I said.
He smiled and this wasn't one of his cocky grins,this was more friendly and... Affectionate?".

Vote,Comment,Fan,
Love,Ashley.