Chapter 18

Sophia's POV.

"Can you just wrap it up already,its a stroll,not a red carpet event",Jamal whined.
We had spent the earlier part of the day with me trying to talk him into sleeping and him trying to make me eat boeuf bourguignon for lunch. Now it was late afternoon and we had decided to go on a little tour round the area.
"Hush,I'm trying to draw my brows and you're distracting me",I replied from the bathroom.
"You're such a girl."
I was about to say Aamir said the same thing when my cell phone rang.
"Aamir, I was just thinking about you."
"Really?",he asked happily.
"Yes. I miss you,Aamir."
"I miss you too,Sophia,so much".
He said it with so much sadness in his voice that I wanted to leave Paris immediately and go back to Houston.
      "So tell me,how the Honeymoon's going,feel free to add the sordid details."
     "What!",I exclaimed as I left the bathroom.
Jamal smiled when he saw me. The warmth in his eyes actually made me think for a second that maybe,just maybe there could be something between us.
Not when there's a brown-haired beauty to compete with and much less when you're keeping things from him,Sophia.
"You're crazy,Aamir."
The smile on Jamal's face varnished.
So much love for your brother.
"Tell me something I don't know."
"You're a jackass."
"Try harder."
I laughed. "Jerk."
"You've lost your creativity."
"That's because I'm far from home. Just wait, when I get back you're going to get it from me."
Home. I had actually just referred to Houston as home. I smiled. Aamir had made it so.
"I can't wait. Seriously you guys should come home quickly, I'm dying here with all these questions people keep asking me about you."
"We will,maybe day after tomorrow. I can't wait to flaunt my wedding ring too."
"Right. Tell Jamal I'll call him later regarding some business issues. I'm sure he wouldn't be shy to tell me about how your first night together was."
"Cretin!",I yelled into the phone and heard his annoying chuckle before hanging up.
"Aamir said he'll call you later."
"Great. I'm so anxious to hear my brother's voice",he replied,helping me into my overcoat.
"I can see that",I joined in the sarcasm as we walked out of the room.

"Paris is a beautiful place",Jamal whispered
"Yes. The view from here is indeed breathtaking",I replied.
We were on the Pont des Arts,taking a little break;I had grown weary of all the walking.
     "Believe me,it feels this special only the first time. Too bad you're wasting it with me",I added.
         "No,there's no one else I'd rather be here with."
       I could sense the sincerity in his voice.
        "True. No one else would tell you,that bridge over there is the Pont-neuf", I joked.
        He laughed. "You're a very confident woman,Sophia."
          "I know and it has only advantages in my case, believe me."
         "Of course."
       "So,how does it feel to be married to this confident girl here?"
         "Permit me return the question."
         "Oh,like every newly married woman,ecstatic."
       "The choice of husband isn't disappointing?"
      It was funny,he sounded a little nervous.
        "Well-uh,I can cope."
       "Is that all you can say?"
           I laughed.
     Then he did the unexpected. He carried me and and threatened to throw me over the bridge.
      "Jamal,put me down."
        "Not until you say something nicer."
        "People are watching, they'll think you want to kill me."
        "My reasons would be valid."
        "No they wouldn't. You'd still go to jail."
    He lurched me forward.
    "Okay,okay. Jamal Alamin Alcatraz, I feel very honoured and blessed to be your wife."
      "That's better",he said with a cheeky grin and put me down.
         "My,I'm going to be careful around you; I didn't know you had criminal tendencies."
        "You know very little about me,Sophia",he said almost accusingly.
       "You too,Jamal."
       He nodded sadly. "It's getting late and you look very tired. We should get back to the hotel."

           "Aren't you coming to sleep?"
         "No,I'd just stay outside and look at the sky for a while."
        "Are you sure?"
      He laughed. "Weren't you the one against our sharing a bed yesterday?"
         I frowned. "You're never going to drop that,are you?"
           "No,not even when we're old and grey."
        "Ah,so you plan on getting old and grey with me?"
         "I thought we were married",he said with a smile and walked towards the balcony.
         "Jamal."
        "Yes."
          "We should go back to Houston. "
        "Why?",he asked looking extremely displeased.
          "I miss home,work,my father and..."
       "Aamir",he finished bitterly.
        "Yes,I miss Aamir."
     He didn't reply,he just turned back and went to the balcony.

     Sorry for the short chapter. School has been a monster lately.
        Please don't forget to vote and tell me what you thought of the chapter.