Chapter Nine

The past four days, Violet has been training vigorously. She was completely determined on mastering the training lessons she was thaught; close ranged combat, long ranged combat, defense, and offense. Today was her test to see if she was ready to take on her mission.

Violet waiting in the middle of the room, loading her bow and arrow already and getting ready to shoot. She kept pacing in circles, nervous if she was going to pass her test or not. "Hurry up.... I want to get this over with and just head on out. My stomach feels queazy; I don't want to throw up while waiting or in the middle of the test...." She murmured, looking at the door.

She gave a sigh of relief when Zala, River, and King Shoko came in here. Ciel was also following behind them. "What took you all so long?" She asked, frowning.

"We had to find King Shoko so he could approve. Also, Mr. Funny Guy, as Zala puts it, wanted to watch you too, to see how good you are," River said, "But I think Ciel just wants to see Violet again," she whispered over at Zala, who snickered.

Ciel glared at them from behind. "I'm right here, you know!" He snapped, not liking how he was being accused of having a crush.

Violet giggled and smiled at Ciel before looking at River and them. "Now, can we get this show on the road? I rather not start vomiting before my test with my stomach being queazy," she said, turning towards the targets, lifting up her bow and arrow and getting ready to fire.

"I will start the test by activating the dummies. You will shoot them as fast as possible and as many as possible within one minute. You begin in three...two...one!" Zala said, pulling a lever and dummies started popping up everywhere; the ceiling, floor, and walls. The dummies moved side to side quickly as well.

Violet began shooting at them, reloading the bow as fast as she could. She shoot mostly at the dummies on the ceiling and wall, occasionally going for the ones on the floor.

A minute passed and a buzzer went off, indicating that the long ranged test was over. The dummies each had an arrow, which had punctured all the way through the dummy, to the chest. All of them, excluding Violet, stared at her and the dummies in shock; even Shoko was in shock.

Violet turned towards them, lowering her bow and arrow and smiled sheepishly. "How'd I do...?" She mumbled, worried about how they would think.

"You...you...you are the goddess of archery!" River exclaimed, examining the arrows punctured through the dummies.

Zala huffed, "pretty good...I guess...." She muttered, folding her arms over her chest and not wanting to admit that she was amazing.

"Amazing! I knew you were good! I believed in you!" Ciel cheered, clapping happily.

King Shoko laughed, "I'm already starting to approve you of going on this mission already!"

Violet giggled and her sheepish smiled turned into a happy grin. "Thanks! And Zala...I know you think I'm amazing at this. Admit it!" She said, going over to them and stood in front of Zala, poking at her arm.

Zala tightened her lips. "No..." She muttered, being the stubborn dark angel she is.

Violet pouted, "fine then...but I know you're thinking of that!"

"Whatever..." Zala sighed, "let's just go on to magic."

The headed down to the magic room, which seemed that its walls were padded in case of any accidents.

Violet looked at River with a raised eyebrow. "Seriously? It's padded?" She asked incredulously.

River grinned sheepishly. "In case your magic gets out of control or an explosion happens when you make a potion and it fails."