Chapter Twenty Five

Violet opened her eyes and yelped as she quickly closed them back, the sun apparently shining right in her face. She turned onto her side and opened them again, blinking away the spots swimming around in her vision. She sniffed, enjoying the lovely smell of nature, along with a faint smell of bacon...

She bolted up, gasping and looking around for where the bacon smell was coming from. A wide grin stretched upon her lips when she found some being roasted over the fire and crawled over. "Can I have one?" She chirped.

Zala looked at her and smiled ever-so-slightly. "Yes, you may. Pancakes too?" She asked as she picked up the cooked bacon and putting it on a plate.

Violet nodded eagerly and grinned even more, if that was possible. "Yes, please!"

Zala chuckled and gave her some pancakes, that were apparently cooked before the bacon was, along with the bacon.

Violet ate, making sure she didn't practically shoved it down her throat. Which was a pretty hard thing to do, considering she was starving.

Zala watched her, raising an eyebrow slightly. "Someone's hungry..." She muttered.

Violet pouted, "Hey, don't blame me. I'm starving." She retorted.

The Dark angel raised her hands up in surrender, shrugging. "Whatever you say..." She mumbled as she got up and went to help pack things up.

Violet sighed and finished eating a few minutes later. She got up, going to wash the plate before she packed up her items and sleeping bag. She knew it was going to be a long day, so she wanted to get going as soon as possible.

Queen Clarissa was now leading them again and about halfway through the day, they reached the meadow full of puffy, colorful flowers.

'It's the same meadow where I first came into this universe... It's been so long.' Violet thought, smiling softly at the memory.

Zala, who was beside her, noticed her smile. "What's with the smile?" She asked, tilting her head in confusion.

Violet jumped a bit, snapped out of her thoughts. She looked up at her and smiled more. "This is the same meadow when I first came into this world." She explained.

"I see.... Nostalgia, huh?"

"Very." Violet nodded. She turned forward when she noticed Queen Clarissa and everyone around her tense. She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion on what was going on and why everyone tensed before she looked at the cause. Her eyes widened in surprise.

"Well, well, well.... Look what we have here. An army and their precious queen invading my territory without my consent? How rude..." A menacing laugh sounded.

"You know perfectly well why we are here. We are here to defeat you and bring order and peace to the two kingdoms once again." The elven queen snarled, her eyes narrowing harshly.

King Shoko smiled wickedly. "Oh, I do know why, I'm not oblivious... I just wish you alerted me beforehand." He chuckled and beaconed to whatever was behind him. Suddenly, knights that were like ninjas appeared from behind the trees of the forest. They approached their angel king. "Now, I will give you two options; surrender or face my wrath and die. Which would you like?"

"I prefer on facing your wrath. We will also not die. We have a high chance of defeating you and your army." Queen Clarissa hissed before she paused, hearing a scream and roar. She raised an eyebrow in curiosity.

O'Leon emerged from the trees, screaming in terror. Following him was a large griffin, roaring angrily by how he was being controlled by someone other than King Shoko.