Chapter Eighteen

Violet walked up the deck, scratching her head furiously at a small itch and letting out a huge yawn. She sat down where the group sat at, talking about something. "Morning..." She mumbled, still tired.

"It's twelve in the after noon." Zala said, raising an eyebrow.

Violet blinked, registering what she said for a moment. "Oh.... Oops. Good afternoon then?" She said, grinning sheepishly. "Anyways, what are we talking about?" She asked.

"We're talking about stopping by a island village. It serves as a neutral line between Shoko and Majestic." Zala said, pointing up ahead to a small silhouette of an island.

Violet looked at where she was pointing and nodded. "So, why are we stopping there?"

"We need more bacon because certain people ate it all yesterday morning." Zala said, glaring pointingly at Ciel and her. "Also we need to meet someone that holds a package for the king of Majestic."

Violet looked at her innocently like she didn't eat all the bacon while Ciel looked away. She raised an eyebrow at her. "A package? Why do we need to pick it up?" She asked.

"King Shoko asked up the package he had sent for the other king. The island wasn't able to directly ship it to Majestic because there was a hurricane a few weeks back and it destroyed their docks." Zala explained.

"I see...." Violet muttered, "They still can't use the boats?"

"No, because the boats were damaged by the flying wood."

Violet nodded slowly and frowned. "Alright... So, how long till we get there?" She asked, wondering if she was annoyed by all her questions.

Zala sighed, annoyed by all the questions just as Violet thought. "One: stop asking so many freaking questions. Two: In about twenty minutes or so."

Just as Zala had said, in twenty minutes, they were docked on the coastal beach and getting off.

Violet looked around her surroundings and noticed that tons of people were staring and seeming annoyed by their relaxation being interrupted by a boat coming up to the beach. She looked up the cobblestone stairs to a seemingly busy street. She noticed they were carrying wood around. She guessed they were preparing to bring wood to the coast to build a new harbor to dock boats. She looked at Zala and followed her up the stairs and down the street.

"So, who is this guy we have to meet?" Violet asked, looking up at Zala.

"He is a professor for a medicinal herb lab, where he grows plants and tests them if they have healing properties. The king said it was a wine drink that is made with herbs that can help the performance of the mind. Like it will help the awareness or memory or attention span." She said as she looked around for the lab. She stopped and turned to a brick building with a huge greenhouse on top. "This is the lab he described."

Zala stepped in and looked around. "Professor Arrow?" She called out and waited, hearing running from the stairwell. She smiled and seemed to have lit up when she saw a tanned, tall, scruffy man in a lab coat. "Hi."

Violet stared at her suspiciously and looked at Ciel for an answer.

Ciel noticed her looking at him questionably and grinned, leaning down to whisper. "Professor Arrow is Zala's childhood friend, crush, and fiancé." He snickered.

Violet's eyes widened. "Woah, really?" She whispered back in disbelief. "I didn't see a ring."

"She usually doesn't wear the ring. Especially now since she is on this quest." Ciel whispered before he stood up straight, mentally chuckling at Violet's surprise.