Chapter Twenty Three

Violet woke up, yawning and stretching while laying down. She didn't want to get up at the moment as she smiled at the memory of last night, figuring it had to be the best memory ever in her entire stay. Heck, even in her entire life.

She sighed and looked around to see if anyone was awake or here. Just as she thought, nobody was here since they had left to eat breakfast. She then got up, getting ready, figuring that she should go eat before suiting up and start training. Violet walked outside the room and went down the hallway to the dining room.

As she walked in, she noticed everyone had gone except for Zala, River, and Ciel. She sat down beside Ciel and waved a hello. "Hey. What's up?" She asked as she began to eat her sugary, bran flakes cereal that was waiting for her. Surprisingly, it wasn't soggy.

"Eating. Tired." Ciel mumbled, yawning loudly.

Violet giggled, "Had to wake up early?"

"Yep... Had to help set up the table, so I couldn't get any extra sleep."

"If you didn't tale Violet out flying then you wouldn't have this problem." Zala snorted, rolling his eyes.

"Oh, shut up. At least if something happens in battle, I would be able to know if Violet liked me or not. Which luckily, she does."

Violet blinked as she watched him. "I feel like I'm in the middle of a argument between two boys that are fighting over one girl." She muttered.

Zala looked at her with a raised eyebrow before she chuckled lightly. "That's a strange feeling since I'm a girl."

"Okay...?" Ciel said, looking a bit confused as he turned towards Violet. "Anyways, what do you say we have one on one melee combat battle in the training room? It would help is train and fight while testing our skills against each other?" He suggested, his confused expression turning into a gleeful one.

Violet nodded with a small smile. "Sure. And it would also help us get used to the heavy armor on us since we have to put on the armor before we begin training." She said as she finished eating.

Ciel stood when he noticed she had finished, since he was done eating a while ago. "Ready?" He asked, holding out his hand.

Violet stood as well and took his hand as she started walking out the door with Ciel by her side. "As ready as I'll ever be!" She chirped.

Ciel laughed as he led her up the staircase to the training floor, which was pearl white like the rest of the castle.

'Sheesh, does the queen ever have a least a but of color in this entire castle? Like blue or red?' Violet thought.

'Heard that.' A soft voice sounded in her head.

'Crap, you can read minds too?' Violet gasped in disbelief mentally.

"Of course I can. I'm a magical, elven queen, after all...'

Violet just sighed, which earned her a confused look from Ciel. She entered the armory with him.

They were standing in the middle of a ring, both hold a weapon and suited up for training. Violet was wielding her dual daggers while Ciel held his two-handed sword.

Ciel grinned wickedly at her. "Now, I won't go easy on you, Darling. So don't cry when you lose."

Violet snorted and smirked, "Now when have I ever cried?"

Ciel didn't answer and just raised an eyebrow at her.

"At... The end of a battle." Violet muttered, correcting herself.

Ciel chuckled, "Well, you lost before to me and didn't cry, but that was only training. So that's understandable. We never lost to a battle before outside of training. So really, I'm not sure."