Chapter Ten

It was the next day, where it was just before dawn and it was the day that they leave for their mission.

Violet yawned, sitting up and stretching her arms. She shielded her eyes a bit by casting a shadow on them with her hand and looked around. As soon as her eyes adjusted to sunlight, River walked in, humming quietly and carrying a shopping bag. Violet raised an eyebrow. "What did you buy?" She asked.

River looked at her. "You didn't really have any clothes to fit in this realm, so I bought you some as well as a special belt that could hold your daggers on one side your quiver on the other. Oh yeah, I also bought an enchanted quiver where there are endless arrows for your bow," she said as she took out the items.

The clothes consisted of a lavender long sleeved top, long skinny pants that were a dark brown, a tan shade of brown leather boots, and various tops and pants, all long with it being fall.

Violet looked through them and smiled. "I like them! You have good fashion sense!" She said, picking out outside mentioned before and put it on, as well as the utility belt. She slipped the daggers in the belt pockets and put the enchanted quiver on the other side. She slipped over her head and wore it like a cross body bag." And the shirt is purple like my hair!"

River grinned happily at being praised, glad she liked what she got. "I'm glad you like them! Now go pack. I'm pretty sure you didn't do anything last night since you had no clothes and all you had was a canteen and weapons."

Violet rubbed the back of her neck sheepishly. "Heh, you make me sound so predicable," she said before she went to get a backpack for packing. She rolled up the extra clothes and stuffed them in there as well as a stuffed octopus she had found in the market place when she first got here. She had seen it and gasped, wanting it. River had noticed this and bought for her, figuring she needed something to comfort her since she was new to the realm.

Violet patted the stuffed octopus's head and closed the backpack. She looked at River. "So do we eat breakfast before we leave or what?"

"We leave the backpack here, go eat breakfast, then get the backpacks and leave. Like the king said, he will escort us out." River said, opening the bedroom door for her.

Violet nodded and set the bag down by the bed before walking out and heading down the hallway and down the stairwell to the dining room, River in follow. She had gotten used to going around the castle and she could get around easily without getting lost or anything.

They sat down at the banquet table at their usual spots. Immediately, a plate of food and a cup of hot tea and a glass of water were set in front of them, as well as silverware, by the servers. Zala and Ciel were sat by them as well. A stocky, extremely short guy that had a long beard looked like he just finished digging sat by them, eating silently. Violet examined him a bit and decided that he must have been Gildar, the dwarf Shoko was taking about yesterday.

"So... We're all leaving today, huh? You know this won't be such a bad trip. I'd enjoy being around you all. Especially being around Violet." Ciel piped up, grinning and looking between all of them, trying to start up a conversation.

Zala snorted. "I'd enjoy it better without you." She retorted, getting a glare from Ciel.

"Oh, shut up." He muttered.

Violet giggled, watching the brother and sister fight and knowing this is normal for siblings. She sometimes wondered what it was like to have a sibling. "He'd be good for the mission. When it there is tension in the air, he can say something or tell a joke to release it."

River nodded, agreeing. "I agree. We all know eventually we're gonna fight and get mad at each other, or tension, so he could get rid of all that by joking around a bit and saying something." She said.