Chapter 4

CHAPTER 4

"Ahhh!!!" Lau squealed loudly which caused some of students to look over our table.

"Lau, would you chill? You're dragging attention." I shushed her.

"I'm so sorry. But I just can't believe that he finally likes you." she cheered.

"What the heck?!" now it's my time to freak out. "He just helped me pick up my stuff. What's the likeness in there?"

"Oh come on. It's the first step of showing affection." she explained.

"It's not! It's called helping a friend." I corrected her using airquotes.

"No it's not." she denied.

"Yes it is." I retorded.

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"No!"

"Yes!"

"Okay, what's the fight about?" Danny suddenly appeared with his tray full of food and sat between me and Lau.

"PelwasrunningtoherclassroomwhenshebumpedintoJaythenshefellontheflooralongwithallherthingsthenJayhelpedherandalsohelphergettotheclassroomshewasabouttogo." she said straighfowardly without breathing. In my case, I didn't really understand anything she said.

"Okay." Danny said awkwardly. "Could somebody tell me what really happened?" he asked as he glanced in my direction and raised an eyebrow.

"Nothing, happened. I swear. Lau here was just overreacting." I told him as I took a glimpse of Lau tapping her fingers on the table impatiently.

"She is lying!" she bursted. "Something did happen. She just didn't want to tell you."

"It's nothing. It's not a big deal." I reacted.

"Would you just tell me what happened? I'll be the one to decide if it's a big deal or not." he interrupted our quarrel.

"Oh fine!" I finally gave up as I threw my hands in the air. "I was just running up to my classroom, because I was getting kinda late. Then I suddenly bumped into Jay and fell on the floor along with my things. He helped me pick up my stuff and walked me to my classroom and blah blah blah. See? No big deal."

"It is a big deal alright." Danny responded. "I mean, why would he help you if he didn't even know you?"

"Danny is right." Lau justified.

"I can't believe you guys are ganging up on me like this. Jay is programmed to be a nice guy. He usually helps a student in trouble." I explained.

"Oh so now we have an angel in school?" Lau joked.

"Ugh. Why is this so hard to explain to you guys?" I said as I massaged my forehead. Then we went silent for a few moments.

"Oh my God!!!!!!!!" Lau squealed once again. Danny and I cupped our ears because I swear her voice was deadly. And I guess it caused the whole student body to look at our direction. It was kinda embarassing.

"Lau, what the heck?" I retorted.

"I have the most brilliant idea ever." she widened her eyes. She was about to talk but I stopped her.

"Stop. No, no, no. Not one of your crazy ideas again." I said as I waved my index finger in front of her.

"Oh come on, Pel." she whined.

"I said no and that is final." I pouted. "Remember when you told me to play all secret admirer on him and leave him letters in his locker in 9th grade?"

Oh those memories were still very fresh in my brain. Lau suggested me to write a letter for him and act as a secret admirer. I didn't know where Jay's locker was back then so I asked her where it was. When she pointed me to a locker, I put inside my letter and the next day I realized that it wasn't his locker. Instead, it belonged to Harry Nethers. The nerdiest kid in school. He had a lot of pimples in his face, red haired and had very large glasses that reached his cheeks. The kind of person you want to just ignore since everything he talked about was science. When he found out that I was the one who sent him the mistaken letter, he started to act all lovey dovey on me. He started going wherever I go and try to talk to me about me being his girlfriend. It was starting to freak me out so I told him I didn't like him and that the letter was just a mistake. It made me feel so guilty. I know it's b*tchy but what was I supposed to do? I don't like the guy. And from that day on, I never trusted Lau's ideas.

"It wasn't my fault. Farrah told me that that locker belonged to him." Lau justified.

"That's not the point. The point is all your ideas fail." I told her.

"I promise this one won't." she pleaded with puppy dog eyes. Believe it or not, she looked cute and I couldn't resist.

"Ugh. This better be good." I gave up.

And in the whole lunch period, she told us her so-called "Most Brilliant Plan Yet."

@@@@@

Hi! New Chapter. Although some of you wouldn't consider this as a chapter because of it's very short length. I'm am very sorry about this. Anyway, I still hope that you enjoy. :) @inkymarks thank you very much for the cover. It's beautiful :)

Pls. vote and comment :) Thanks