Chapter 15

CHAPTER 15

~Pel's POV~

"Hey, Pel." Hannah, a good friend of mine in my Music class, called out. She's quite popular in school and has a lot of admirers. Even though, she's not at all like Kate Jenkins. She's a lot nicer, which may be the reason why we're friends. "Valentines is getting near. Any dates?" she wiggled her eyebrows.

I chuckled. "Nah. As usual, I'm just gonna hang out with my friends at that day."

"Aww, why not? I never saw you with a date before." she frowned.

"Haha, I'm just not up for it." I told her.

"Well...okay." she smiled, then she went back writing and doodling stuff in her notebook.

It was Thursday. And next Friday is Valentine's day, which is pretty much everyone is looking forward to...except me of course. I mean, why make a day when you can show your love to a person when you can show it every freakin' day? It's so...useless. Anyway, I asked Danny why he left me alone the other day at the library. He answered, "I forgot I had something important to do." At first, I didn't believe him. Thinking that there was something else bothering him. But then, I put the thought off and decided to not stress about it.

The bell suddenly rang, signalling classes were over. Ah, I'm finally going home after a long day's work. Studies have become stressful for me lately since the topics were getting a bit harder. I've even decided to do some advanced reading tonight. Maybe that'll solve the case. And so, as I opened my locker and started packing my stuff, I put a lot of my text books in my bag until it was as heavy as a weightlift. I've got nothing better to do for later anyway.

"Pel!" someone shouted my name excitedly. I turned my head to the side and peeked from behind my locker door. It was Lau.

"Hey, Lau." I greeted her nicely. "Is there something wrong?" I asked as I noticed a kind of look on her face which I don't often see. She just smiled from ear to ear, not answering. She was obviously overwhelmed. "Uh, hello?" I waved my hand in front of her face.

"Paul just asked me to have another date with him next Friday." she told me excitedly.

"Next Friday?" my eyes widened as I turned around. "But that's Valentine's day."

"I know right!" she said. "Pel, I'm so excited." she grabbed both of my hands and twirled me around the hall, getting a lot of attention.

"Now hold on there, missy." I stopped and put my hands on my hips "It's like days away. Don't get too excited yet. It might be delayed, you know?"

"Ugh, you're such a KillJoy." she rolled her eyes playfully. "Can you just be positive for this one time and just be happy for me?"

"I am happy for you. Considering that you're dating my twin brother. I'm just saying that you dhouldn't get your hopes too high. You know what I'm saying?" I smiled unsurely.

"Whatever." she rolled her eyes playfully as she grabbed my hand. "Come on let's go to the mall. I'm gonna pick an outfit."

"W-wait, what about Danny?" I said as I retreived my hand from her.

"He said he wouldn't be joining for the ride today. You know, football stuff."

"Oh." I said as I looked down and felt kind of sad about it.

"O...kay." she said slowly. "Why do you feel down all of a sudden?"

"Huh? No I'm not. I just kind of forgot that he had practice today." I simply answered.

"Hmmm." she smiled smugly as she crossed her arms on her chest.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I chuckled nervously.