Chapter 6

CHAPTER 6

"Wake up, sleepy head! Waaaake uuup!!!" a sudden voice shouted loudly on my ear. It really knocked the sleep out of me.

I immediately got up and said, "I'm up, I'm up." Then I looked at the person who was hovering over my ear and saw Danny. "Oh, it's just you. What are you doing in my room?" He never went in my room. This is the first time I saw him in here.

"No time to explain. Get up and get dressed." he exclaimed quickly.

"Why? It's just..." I looked at my clock and was surprised it was already 7:35. I overslept? And why didn't my alarm ring? Oh my God, I'm deaf!!! My eyes widened. "Oh shoot! Why didn't you wake me up earlier?" I asked him as I immediately got up from my bed and ran to my closet. I picked the clothes where my eyes first caught sight of. It didn't turn out really well. I ended up wearing one of my star wars shirt and some sweat pants. Add it up with my messy bun and my glasses and I look like a genius homeless person. Way to go on getting attractive, Pel. And to think this is the first day of launching our plan.

"Sorry. I was having second thoughts of getting in your room or not." he answered in an apologetic look as I went out of the bathroom. Instead of answering back, I looked at his outfit and saw that he was going according to plan. He was wearing faded jeans, a blue shirt and a leather jacket on top. Also he had his hair all messed up which by the way makes him totally hot. I have a feeling the plan will just work out fine. Last but not the least, he wore his contact lenses and I was glad he didn't look like a total geek anymore. No offense on his part, by the way.

"Ughh! Come on." I said as I grabbed his hand and led him out of the house. "We're gonna be late."

When we were already out of the house, I noticed that Paul's truck wasn't there. "Um...where's Paul's--" Danny cut me off mid-sentence by grabbing my hand and ran, dragging me along with him. "Danny, where are we going? We have to find Paul's truck."

"He already left." he answered, not stopping.

I paused for a moment to process what he just said. And then it hit me."That prick! Just wait until we get home. He's gonna get it. Oh he's really gonna get it. I'm gonna make him suffer for leaving me and making me late." I told myself.

"Um...I'd really want to hear all the different ways you could make him suffer but can we forget about that for now and stick to running fast?" he interrupted my spoken thoughts as he sped up his running a little more.

"Where are we going anyway?"

"We're going to the bus stop, silly. There's still one last trip to school, but we have to hurry or else we'll never gonna make it."

*******************

We made it to school in one piece. Good thing the bus was fast. We still had 2 minutes to spare before class actually starts. Once we got through the doors, every eye that I could see in the hallway was looking at us. More specifically, they were looking at Danny. I guess getting him popular was a piece of cake after all. I swear I could hear whispers as we walked along the hallway.

"He's hot."

"Who's he?"

"Haven't seen him before."

"Is he an exchange student?"

"I have got to hang out with that guy."

These are just some of the things I heard. There was also one thing that I heard that got in my nerves a little. Good thing I was able to control it and didn't had the urge to smack the girls's face off.

"OMG! Is that his girlfriend? She looks like a hobo. I'm sure if he meets me, he's gonna dump that girl right on the spot. Hah! She's nothing compared to me."