Chapter 28

Chapter 28 (Lau and Paul Bonus)

“Pel, hurry up.” Lau demanded. “We’ve got a lot of shopping to do.”

“Ugh.” I groaned as I was fixing my locker. “Do we really have to do it now?”

“Yes!” she shouted in my ear.

“Jeez!” I said as I cupped the ear she shouted on. “Okay, okay. No need to torture me, you mad woman.”

She giggled. “I’ve always wanted to try that on someone.”

I rolled my eyes. “Was I your only option?

She shrugged. “Apparently.”

It’s been a week since that day. I could say that I’ve gotten over it, but not fully. I still get scared which is why I always stay close with my friends. When someone who I don’t know that much comes up to me I never let my guard down when I talk to them. Danny and Lau were concerned for me too. As much as possible, they never let me out of their sight which is very sweet of them. They’re the bestest friends anyone could have. As for what’s happening right now, Lau wanted to go to the mall to shop for our dresses for Prom. I kept protesting for the past ten minutes since it’s still a week away. But being the stubborn girl she is, I gave up.

“Alright.” I muttered to myself as I closed my locker. “I’m done now.”

“At last.” She sighed with contentment. “I thought you’d never finish fixing that locker of yours.”

I rolled my eyes. “Don’t exaggerate too much, Lau. It’s only been five minutes.”

“The longest five minutes of my life.” She told me.

I shook my head as we made our way out of the doors. “So are the boys coming with us?”

“Nah, Video gaming again as usual since it’s Friday.” She waved a hand as if to dismiss the subject.

“Oh.” I voiced out in understanding.

“Aww, is Pel sad because her boyfriend isn’t coming?” She imitated a child’s voice.

“What the heck are you talking about?” I raised my eyebrow at her.

She shrugged. “Oh nothing.”

We finally made it to her car. She clicked her car keys and the car beeped signaling that it’s now unlocked. We hopped in her car and pulled away from the parking lot.

At first the ride was silent, the radio being the only source of sound. Suddenly our favorite song came in, which is You Belong With Me by Taylor Swift. We’ve always liked that song’s music video and of course the song itself. We are hopeless romantics after all.

“You're on the phone with your girlfriend, she's upset
She's going off about something that you said
'Cause she doesn't get your humor like I do”

She was the one to sing the first verse. She was a little off-key if I do say so myself.

“I'm in my room, it's a typical Tuesday night
I'm listening to the kind of music she doesn't like
And she'll never know your story like I do”

I was the one who sang the second verse. At least my voice wasn’t that bad unlike hers. Kidding!

“But she wears short skirts, I wear T-shirts
She's Cheer Captain and I'm on the bleachers
Dreaming about the day when you wake up and find
That what you're looking for has been here the whole time

If you could see that I'm the one who understands you
Been here all along, so why can't you see?
You belong with me, you belong with me”

We both sang this. This time we were both off-key. Also, we opened our windows and stuck our heads out like dogs, still singing. But the rest of the song, we both shouted them from the top of our lungs. The people we were passing by gave us looks but we didn’t really care. We were too caught up with our favorite song.