Chapter 30

Chapter 30

~Pel’s POV~

Half of the week has passed now and I could just feel prom getting closer and closer. The hallway is even buzzing with students who couldn’t talk about anything but the prom these past few days. Almost everyone’s obviously excited…except me. One reason, I’ve got no one to be with. Lau has Paul so I wouldn’t be with her. And for some reason, Danny’s not coming. Not that I want to come with him. Don’t get me wrong, he’s my best friend and all and I would love to hang out with him but with all the events that happened these past few days, it’s still awkward between us. I wish everything would be normal between us again. I miss spending time with him without having doubts.

“Hello? Earth to Pel.” Someone snapped their fingers in front of my eyes. I woke up from my thoughts and looked at my left. Paul was sitting at the driver’s seat, the red hand print on his face still visible. Don’t even wait for me to explain that. A little earlier in the morning, him and I tried waking Lau up from her ‘beauty sleep’. Unfortunately for him, he was closer to her. And you wouldn’t want to be near her when you wake her up, ‘cause she hits like man. To make it shorter, he became the victim of her Iron Slap. At least that’s what I call it. “We’re here.”

I started laughing.

“What are you laughing at?” he snapped.

“Nothing. I just think no one’s gonna take you seriously with that red slap mark on your face.” I chuckled.

“Yeah well, blame my girlfriend.” He said as he jerked his thumb to the back seat where Lau was seated; she was playing with her phone.

“Now don’t blame me.” She snapped at him as she slapped him upside the head. “You’re the one who woke me up. I’m so tired from last night cramming a project and all.”

“Aw, what was that for?!” Paul whined as he rubbed the back of his head.

“Someone’s having their time of the month.” I muttered under my breath as I got out of the car, leaving the couple to have their love quarrel.

I made my way to the doors and headed straight to my locker. I entered my code and dumped a ton of books in it. Well, I crammed last night too. Actually, Lau and I crammed together at her house. I got home at 1 in the morning; she dropped me off at my house. Saying I’m tired is an understatement.

I took out the books and notebooks that I needed for the first three periods and just as I closed my locker door, I almost jumped in surprised at the person who was leaning on the locker next to mine. Nervousness slowly started to creep through me, my hands felt clammy and my face got paler.

“Pel, please don’t be scared.” He pleaded as he noticed my reaction.

“W-What are you doing here?” I tried to sound confident, but it’s obvious that I’m failing miserably.

“I wanted to apologize.” He answered as he looked at the ground, feeling ashamed.

“A-Apologize for what, Jay?” I asked as I took a step backward. I don’t want to be near him.

“For the other day…at the party.” He replied, still looking on the ground. “I didn’t know what got into me.”

“Don’t tell me that’s your excuse.” Now I could feel anger boil in me. I could never forgive him for what he had done.

“I’m not expecting you to forgive me.” He whispered, as if he heard what I was thinking about. “But I really am sorry.”

“That’s bull!” I shouted at him. “You didn’t look sorry at all while you were doing it!”