Chapter 26

Chapter 26

~Pel’s POV~

“Aw come on, Lau.” I whined through the phone. “Please forgive me.”

Apparently, she has turned herself into a stubborn girl once again after the Tuesday incident. The Learn-to-have-more-fun incident to be more specific. She’s been ignoring me and Danny since that day and now it’s Friday and I have no idea on what to wear for the party. Yes, as much as it kills me I’ve finally agreed to attend that stupid party Jay and his football team had set up for tonight…even if I have a really bad feeling about this. And she’s the only one that I know who’s very good at picking outfits. And I’m doing this for her anyway.

“*Sigh* I just wanted what’s best for you, Pel.” Sheesh, she sounds like my mother…maybe worse.

“I know, and I’m sorry for ignoring your advices. Especially the other day.” I said anyway.

“Wait, you don’t know what to wear do you?” she asked, changing the subject.

“Huh?” I pretended to not know what she was talking about.

“The reason why your apologizing now, you don’t know what to wear so you want me to come over there. But we’re fighting so you can’t ask me directly.” I could just imagine her smirking right now. Why does she have to be so smart?

“Maybe…” I played along.

“*Sigh* Fine, I’m coming over in 10.” She gave in.

She was about to hang up when I cut in. “W-wait, Lau.”

“Ugh, what is it?” she sighed irritatingly.

“I really am sorry.” I told her sincerely.

I could just imagine a smile creeping up on her lips. “Yeah yeah, whatever.”

“Does that mean I’m forgiven?” I said innocently.

“I’m still thinking about it.” Was the last thing she said before fully hanging upon me. At least she’s going to help me pick out another embarrassing outfit.

And just like she said, she was now in front of our driveway after 10 min. She then came out of her car and knocked on the door. I was just waiting for her to barge in my room and completely scold me any minute now but no. She took longer to come in than expected and I think I just know the reason why. I went out of the room and went downstairs, proceeding in the living room. And I was right, she was flirting with Paul…again. Ugh seeing them make goo goo eyes at each other make me want to throw up.

I cleared my throat, hoping they knew I was there. Thankfully, they noticed the sound I made and both of them looked at me.

“Oh hey, Pel.” Lau greeted me.

“Hey.” I greeted back flatly.

“We were just…um…” Paul trailed off, not knowing what to say.

I rolled my eyes. “I get it, okay?”

Both of them smiled sheepishly at each other. Lau sent him a final kiss on the cheek and headed towards me.  She grabbed my wrist and dragged me upstairs.

When we got to my room, Lau shut the door behind her and went directly to my closet. She opened its doors and crossed her arms on her chest, scanning all the clothes.

“Are you still mad at me?” I asked her as I sat on my bed.

“No. Just annoyed.” She clarified not glancing my way.