Chapter 22

Chapter 22

~Danny’s POV~

“For the last time, what are the things you have to do when taking a girl to a date?” I asked as I pinched the bridge of my nose.

“Dude, I really don’t know. Just go with the flow if I were you.” he whined as he lay on my bed.

“Ugh, what does that even mean?” I sighed.

“Can we go play video games now?”

“Not until I figure out where to take her.” I uttered with authority in my voice.

“Can you not worry about it? You’ll figure something out. That’s for sure. Just…relax for now.” he told me with certainty.

“I can’t not worry about it, alright.” I said as I sat on my computer chair. “Tell me; do you want you’re sister to have a ‘lovely evening’?” I used air quotes.

It’s Saturday and it’s been 5 days after Pel and I have confessed our love for each other. There are no words to describe how happy I am for the past few days. But right now, I’m kind of freaking out since today’s my first date with her. I don’t even know where to take my date. All I know are movies and restaurants, which are kind of cliché. I don’t want to take her to a cliché date. It’s too boring. So now, I’m stressing out on where to take her. Paul – who I called so someone can help me with all this date drama – is not so much of a help at all.

“Uh no, not really. She’s supposed to be washing the dishes tonight but since she’s excused because of you, I’m stuck doing it for her.” He answered as he grabbed my PSP on my nightstand and played with it.

I gave him a flat look.

“I’m kidding, I’m kidding. Of course I want to.” He chuckled.

“Then help me!” I raised my voice.

“Look dude, I have a different way of arranging a date and you have a different way too. All guys have different ways; it’s about time you figure out yours.”

“At least give me a hint.” I sighed again. “What does she like? What’re her favorites? You’re his brother for Pete’s sake.”

“You sound like you’ve never been best friends with her for the past six years.” He cocked an eyebrow as he looked at me.

I didn’t answer to that. Instead, I just looked at the ground.

He chuckled. “Just do what you think is best to do, Danny.”

“But that’s what I don’t know.” I frowned.

“You’ll know for sure.” He smiled knowingly as he wiggled his eyebrows. After his final words, he stood up and headed towards the door.

“Where’re you going?” I furrowed my eyebrows.

“I’m going to meet up with Lau.” he smiled.

I snorted. “Good luck with that.”

He gave me a wary look in return and finally exited my room. I shook my head and smiled as I turned my computer chair around, facing the computer again. My eyes wandered the screen for a while, not knowing what to do next.

Hmm, what does Pel like? You pretty well know what it is.

My inner self sure is smart. Before I knew it, I was already typing words on the search engine.

~Pel’s POV~

 “Lau, where are you going?” I whined.