Chapter 21

A/N: Buckle up 'cause there's a dramatic scene ahead. >:)

Chapter 21

~Pel’s POV~

Monday came pretty fast, leaving the weekend uneventful. My alarm clock rang and I immediately pushed the button to turn it off. I was wide awake even before it could launch its irritating sound. Let’s just say that I didn’t get enough sleep because I couldn’t help thinking about my feelings for Jay. It’s shallow and yet very stressing for me. Those times when we hung out last week, not to mention my date with him that Valentine’s Day, it didn’t give me those tingly feelings. You know that feeling when you’re with The One, and one touch can send fireworks erupting around you. Well, that’s not what I felt when I he tried to touch my hand that Valentine’s Day. And it was strange. I can’t believe I was setting my eye on the wrong guy.

Get your lazy butt off your bed and start taking a shower will you? My inner self said. I groaned while forcing myself off the bed. I’m pretty sure that I’ve got big bags around my eyes right now.

I stumbled to the bathroom. I stripped my clothes lazily off of me and turned on the water. Even the warm shower couldn’t take my mind off things.

After that I put on some clothes, not really concentrating if they looked good. Apparently my style of clothing was an oversized gray sweater and jeans. The sleeve of the sweater seemed to slide off my shoulder but I just pulled it back which caused it to slide again. I sighed in defeat and just let it be. I tied my hair into a messy bun as usual and shoot my sling bag through my body. And down the stairs I go.

I went to the kitchen and saw Paul going through all the cupboards. He was obviously hunting for food. I couldn’t stop giggling. So when he heard me, he turned around and faced me, his arms crossed on his chest. “Let me guess, you ate all the food while I was gone during the weekend did you?”

“You guessed right.” I smiled triumphantly. Surprisingly, he decided to hang out and take care of Lau during the weekend too which didn’t trouble Mr. and Mrs. Keighton much. In fact they were quite happy and excited seeing an adorable boy taking care of their darling daughter. Pshh, I can’t believe they saw Paul as ‘adorable’.

“Ugh. I can’t believe you’re still not fat.” He gave me a flat look.

“Here, eat a granola bar.” I grabbed one from a jar and threw it to him. He caught it with no difficulty. I also got one for myself and ate. It wouldn’t really satisfy my hunger but it could make me hold on until lunch.

“Please tell me you’re not wearing that to school.” He scrutinized my outfit.

“What if I told you that I will?” I gave him a sheepish smile.

“Then I would ask why.”

“I don’t care about what I wear alright. As long as I have clothing for survival, I’m fine and dandy.” I replied.

“Tsk tsk tsk.” He said as he walked towards me. Once he was close enough, he slung an arm around my shoulders and motioned me towards the front door. “My darling sister, when will you ever learn how to act normal?”

“Hey,” I slapped his arm that was on my shoulder. “I am normal.”

“Not likely.” He chuckled.

Once we were by the door, I put on my Converse and went fully out of the house. Paul locked the front door behind him and we walked towards his truck.

“Where’s Danny by the way?” he spoke again as he started the engine.

“Um…” I didn’t really know what to say to that seeing he had no idea on what’s going on in Danny’s life. “I think he went to school early.”