Chapter 7

CHAPTER 7

"Woohoo!!! Go, Danny!!!" Lau shouted.

"Lau, keep it down." I admonished her as I put down my book.

"Why? I'm actually cheering for Danny. You know, for...motivation." she explained.

"I understand what you're trying to do. But don't you think you're ruining his concentration?"

"Ughh, you mean your concentration. You barely watched because of reading that stupid book of yours. Lemme see that." she grabbed my book from me. I tried to get it back from her but she pulled it away from my reach. She read the title and from the looks of her, she looked...unimpressed. "The Fault In our Stars? This is actually the book you're reading? So boring. I can't believe you're actually trading Danny's football tryouts with this."

"Well, I'm not that much fond of football." I explained.

"Nope. You're not allowed to touch this book until tryouts are done." she said as she held my book. "We are here to watch Danny, not read." and before I knew it, she threw the book across the football field and ended up where Danny and Jay were training. If what she was throwing wasn't my book, I'd say she had a strong throw.

"No! Lau, what have you done?" I said as I stood up from the bench and started climbing down to get my book.

We are currently on the benches in the football field, waiting for the tryouts to be over and also for the results. But I got a little bored and brought a book with me instead. There were also some people watching but they are mostly girls. Probably just to look at the new hot guys who are trying out for football like Danny. One thing I've noticed about today is that whenever the three of us are walking down the hallway, we always catch glares and stares looking over us. I don't know if it's because they're jealous because we're with Danny or I just really look like a hobo today. Seriously! And sometimes we catch girls following him too. Well, there's only one thing that I can say. Our plan is working. Step 1: To get Danny popular --is checked.

"Hey, where are you going?!" she shouted behind me.

"I'm going to get that book. I just borrowed it from the library, y'know?!" I shouted back.

I opened a small door leading to the field and ran through the grassy surface. While I was running, though, a football hit my head hard which caused me to fall on the ground and black out.

~Danny's POV~

"Okay, and lastly--" Jay was about to say my last test when he suddenly had a shocked look plastered on his face and started running past me. I turned around and saw a lot of onlookers. Although I didn't know what the commotion was about, so I joined them. I was squeezed, squished and squashed as I made my way through the crowd. And when I got to the middle of the circle, I saw Pel lying down on the grass unconciously. Lau was beside her, trying to wake her up.

"Oh thank goodness you're here." Lau gave a sigh of relief as she saw me.

"What happened?" I asked her, concerned.

"She was hit by a football on her head then fainted." she explained.

"I guess we should take her to the clinic then." I suddenly heard a voice behind me. I turned around and was surprised to see Jay. "Here, I'll take her." he volunteered as he started wrapping his arms around her.

"No...um, I'll do it. I can see your busy and all." I protested. I just can't let some stranger (Even if he's not that much of a stranger) carry her to some place else. I mean, what if the person didn't have good intentions, right?

"Nah, I'll do it. By the way, you're in the team so start practicing." he then put his arms fully around Pel and started carrying her bridal style to the clinic. I just stood there a bit...concerned as he walked away with her.