Chapter 13

CHAPTER 13

Sunday was just an ordinary day. I decided to stay home and spend time with my family. This is the only day when my whole family is home. So yeah, we watched movies in our big TV, cooked together and played family games. This may be boring to some people, but if you're the kind of person who's always away from her family, you'll understand.

Now let's talk about Monday:

Beep beep beep beep

My alarm clock rang. "Honey, time for school!" my mom shouted from downstairs. I immediately closed my eyes. Did I hear right? Mom shouted? I quickly got up from bed and climbed down the stairs. Once I got to the kitchen, I saw mom cooking waffles, humming a little tune while dad was at the dining table drinking his coffee while reading his newspaper.

"Mom?" I asked. She turned around and smiled. "W-what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be at work?"

"Hello, honey. Your father and I decided to have a day off." she chirped. "Don't tell me you're going to school dressed like that." she pointed at my pj's.

"Uh, n-no no. I just came down to see if it was really you." I told her.

"Well, now you've seen us. Go and take a shower." she ordered.

"Okay." I smiled. I went back upstairs and into my room. I took a short while in choosing my garments for the day. Then after, I went in my bathroom and took a warm, soothing shower.

When I was done, I got out of the bathroom with my towel wrapped on my body of course and put on my clothes. I wore a simple t-shirt that said 'The Beatles' and a pair of worn out jeans. For my hair, I just did a messy bun and I was ready. I put on my sling bag and climbed downstairs. When I got to the kitchen again, I saw Paul munching on his warm waffles. There was another plate beside his that had waffles too, so I'm guessing those would be mine. I sat beside him and munched on my waffles too.

"Oh my goodness." mom voiced out from behind us. Paul and I turned our heads and saw that she had a shocked expression on her face.

"What?" we said in unison.

"Penelope, dear, what happened to your hair?" she asked, disgusted as possible.

"Mom, it's Pel and what's wrong with my hair?" I said while chewing my food, raising an eyebrow.

"It's like you've been attacked by a bunch of monkeys." she commented. Paul bursted out laughing once she got out her sentence. The bits of his chewed up waffles came on my face.

I wiped them out as soon as possible and said, "Thanks for the compliment, mom." sarcastically.

She giggled. "I'm sorry dear. It's just that I couldn't imagine you going to school like that."

"I DO go to school like this. Everyday freakin day just so you know." I informed her.

She rolled her eyes. "Finish your waffles quickly. I'll do you hair after."

"But mom, I can go to school like this." I whined.

"Well, in my watch you're not." she grinned evilishly. I internally groaned.

I quickly finished my waffles and followed her to my room. She let me sit by the mirror then she took off my messy bun. She grabbed the comb that was on the mirror stand and combed my hair gently.

"I missed fixing your hair." she smiled while sighing.

I smiled in return. "Me too, mom." I said as I took her hand that was resting on my shoulder and kissed it. After a few minutes, my hair was properly braided.