[1] ~ Stop Dragging Him Along

His hand in mine. His fingers laced tightly between my own. His quick strides that I struggled to keep up with. This was normal to me. My name Is Mathew Healy, but I prefer to go by Matty. My best friend is George Daniel.

He's a towering 6'5" compared to my tiny self. I like to call him tree sometimes when he's not around which earns chuckles out of people.

Anyways, back to what I was saying. Having George drag me around was quite normal as he was extremely protective of me. When he wasn't dragging me around I was clinging to his side or griping his book bag on our way to the metro.

I looked up at the younger boy in front of me. His expression was blank as he walked along, his hand clutching mine like it's a grenade about to set off. His summer warmed skin contrasted greatly to my frozen fingers. My souls was cold, always has been always will be.

Honestly I was so surprised by how George put up with my winter frost covered heart and my harsh personality. Everyone called me an asshole, a nobody, someone who was never gonna make it in life.

I completely agreed with them.

I'm broken at every edge,my attitude was sharp and hard to handle. I was on a constant roller coaster through life, letting my emotions control my actions. One minute I could be high as a fucking cloud and the next thing you know I'm sobbing into my own knees.

In my opinion I had every right to be this way. I've been broken by girls too many times and a few boys as well. I've started to give up the concept of love all together but it seems to keep finding me. So I crawl back into the heavy grip of love's embrace and let it smother me until I'm drowning.

I felt George's hand leave mine and instant panic filled me. We were on the way to a band practice and he decides to drop my hand right in the middle of a crowd. My breathing became ragged, my eyes getting blurry as I looked for my beautiful tree in the crowd insignificant ants.

I finally spotted his golden hair near a bench as he struggled to tie his shoe with people pushing past him. I scurried over to him and instantly took the extra fabric of his shirt in my hand. He looked at me and sent me one of his award winning smiles. My heart just about stopped at the sight.

George is beautiful compared to the potato that I am with ramen noodles framing my head. He was flawless, even the purple bruise like color framing beneath his eyes were beautiful the way they intensified the chocolate brown color that pulled me in like a fish on a hook. His face was one of an angel, pale smooth skin, beautiful eyes and lips that anyone would just want to kiss.

George was also broken like me. Maybe not as much as the train wreck that I am, but I could see it in his eyes and how he curls up in a ball at night, his hands reaching for someone to hold. Recently I've been filling those desperate hands, giving him someone to hold onto at night. George, to put it as nicely as I can, is gullible. He takes someone in and no matter how many times they break him he always forgives. Recently, he'd been in a five year relationship. It had started right when we got out of high school. Thats when my tree, my giant, MY George...was stolen from me. His hand now held another's, a girl who was gorgeous in every way.

George and I drifted apart after that, only seeing each other during band practice and such. I began to find refuge in drugs and alcohol trying to eliminate the pain that filled my heart but nothing worked. That is until George's girlfriend broke it off with him giving me my Tree back. This time he was broken and sobbing at my door. This time I took him in and held him and sang him soft songs until he fell asleep in my arms. We've been inseparable ever since those few months ago when they broke it off.

George took my hand again, leading me to the metro and to the right train. We got on and waited as we quickly approached our stop. We got off the metro and started walking towards our house where practice usually was. I took out my keys as we approached and I unlocked the door, stepping inside with George still attached to me. I was about to say hi to Ross and Adam who had begun setting up when George suddenly pulled me away up the stairs.

Ross, being the caring person he is yelled, " Stop dragging him 'round like that! You're gonna end up hurtin him!! "

I heard Adam say something in response to Ross's outburst but George ignored him, pulling me into his bedroom and pushing me down on the bed. He collapsed into the bed and pulled me close. I could already feel his tears soak into my shirt.

" George...Georgie...what's wrong love it's okay, " I whispered, stroking his cheek gently.

" I saw her, " was all he said and I knew we wouldn't be leaving this bed for hours.

~ New story! I haven't written a story alone in a while so I hope it turns out good and you guys like it 💕 ~